I’m sharing this easy recipe for keto blueberry crumb muffins, as it’s one of my most popular sellers in my keto home bakery. It’s the one people order over and over again. Once you taste the sweet muffin filled with blueberries with a crunchy cinnamon crumb topping, you’ll be addicted.
These are very similar to my coffee cake muffins with the added pleasure of blueberries, a super fruit that loves cinnamon. Keto blueberry crumb muffins are Low Carb, Keto Friendly, Gluten Free. These are great for breakfast and will keep you filled up easily all the way to a late lunch.
Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
We used hand-picked fresh blueberries in the recipe; You can also use frozen blueberries in this recipe. I just take them out frozen, while assembling my ingredients. They are ready to be placed in each muffin by that time.
You may be curious about berries and their carb count. I used about 60 grams of blueberries for 12 large muffins, 14 small muffins, accounting for about less than 12 grams of carbs for entire recipe.
Can you Make this into a Keto Blueberry Crumb Cake?
Yes, you can put this batter into a ten inch or nine inch cake pan. Only fill your pan 3/4 of the way full. You may still get a few muffins out of it. You may need to cover with aluminum foil for the last ten minutes.
How Can You Tell if Your Muffin or Cake is Done?
I always use a food thermometer. Cake is done at 210 degrees F. I will take a cake out when the middle of the cake reaches 207 degrees F. Sticking a toothpick in a cake is not a reliable way to measure cake.
What kind of Muffin Liners do I Use?
I use tart liners because they work best in my bakery and get about 14. These are great because, you don’t use a muffin tin. You use a baking sheet. They are easy to bake, eat, and share. You can use whatever you like. These take about 16 minutes to bake as they are flat. If you use typical muffin liners, you may get as many as 16 and it may take up to 25 minutes to bake, depending on size.
14 Servings: 272 calories, 4 net carbs.
More Keto Muffins from Spinach Tiger
- Keto Coffee Cake Muffin
- Keto Texas Sheet Cake Muffin
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffin
- Keto Raspberry Muffin
- Keto Pumpkin Muffin
- Keto Glazed Donut Muffin
Keto Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Batter Dry Ingredients
Batter Wet Ingredients
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Muffin Batter
- Add all dry ingredients together. Set Aside.
- Add eggs to mixing bowl. Beat until frothy, about five minutes.
- Stream in oil, slowly.
- Add sour cream to milk in a cup and mix well. Add to batter.
- Add vanilla.
- Add almond flour, Swerve, cinnamon together in separate bowl.
- Add butter and mix with hands to make crumble.
- Add dry mixture to batter and mix on low, just until incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 convection bake or bake.
- Spray muffin liners.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with an ice cream scoop. Batter will be thick. Smooth out with an small offset spatula.
- Add about 5 blueberries to each muffin after they are put in liners.
- Top each muffin with crumble.
- If using flat tart liners, bake for 15 to 18 minutes.If using cupcake liners, bake for 20-25 minutes. Check at 15 minutes. You may need to cover loosely with foil once top are golden.
- The muffins are done when the middle is at 207 degrees F. in the center. I use a meat thermometer for all my cakes. Cool before drizzling glaze.
- Muffins freeze well. Wrap each individually in plastic. Take out to defrost about an hour in advance.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo