By now you probably know that I have a keto bakery in the Nashville area. This coffee cake muffin is so good and might be the flavor that is everyone’s favorite. Keto coffee cake muffins have a soft vanilla interior with a crunchy cinnamon crumble top.
I wonder now why I didn’t make this sooner. The thing I love the most is how the vanilla glaze on top of the of coffee cake crumble makes me think of cinnamon buns, yet this is high fat, low carb and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
What are the ingredients in the keto coffee cake muffins?
I use my usual combination of almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, avocado oil, sour cream and Swerve as the main ingredients. The cake is moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
How do you make a coffee cake top?
I use a combination of almond flour, butter and cinnamon.
What’s the best way to make coffee cake muffins?
I like to use these special tart liners to make individual muffins. You get a flatter muffin, easier to share, easier to eat with more surface for topping. However, you can always use muffin liners to make these.
What is the best technique to make keto muffins?
I like to start by whipping eggs vigorously. When I make cake batters with oil instead of butter, I will use the whipping whisk beater on my kitchen aid instead of the of batter beater. I will then stream the oil in slowly, then add the sour cream/milk mixture. The result is a fluffy muffin. You CAN use butter instead of oil if you choose to. The batter will be thick, so I use this kind of of ice cream scoop to fill the muffin liners.
A simple glaze tops off the muffin just right. I simply use the Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener with water. You can use heavy cream or milk. Sometimes I use water and a splash of heavy cream.
What Sweetener do I use for keto coffee cake muffins?
I use Swerve granulated for the cake and crumble. I use Swerve confectioner’s for the glaze. You can read my article on Swerve, a powdered erythritol, and why I use it here.
If you don’t have access to Swerve, another alternative is Lakanto erythritol with monk fruit. You will get the same result.
Can you make a bigger keto coffee cake with these recipe?
Yes, you can take this same batter and make a nine-inch layer coffee cake. You may have to cover the top with foil around the edges especially, halfway through, as almond flour tends to brown.
What is the nutritional value of the keto coffeecake muffins?
This is for 12 servings. You may end up getting more muffins. I can usually get 14.
More Keto Muffins from Spinach Tiger
12 servings: Calories: 293 Net Carbs: 2 Fat: 28 Protein: 8
Keto Coffee Cake Muffins
Batter Dry Ingredients
Batter Wet Ingredients
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coffeecake Cinnamon Topping
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 4 tablespoons water can use heavy cream
- Muffin Batter
- Add all dry ingredients together. Set Aside.
- Add eggs to mixing bowl. Beat until frothy, about five minutes.
- Stream in oil, slowly.
- Add sour cream to milk in a cup and mix well. Add to batter.
- Add vanilla.
- Add almond flour, Swerve, cinnamon together in separate bowl.
- Add butter and mix with hands to make crumble.
- Add dry mixture to batter and mix on low, just until incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 convection bake or bake.
- Spray muffin liners.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with an ice cream scoop. Batter will be thick. Smooth out with an small offset spatula.
- Top each muffin with crumble.
- If using flat tart liners, bake for 15 to 18 minutes.If using cupcake liners, bake for 20-25 minutes. Check at 15 minutes. You may need to cover loosely with foil once top are golden.
- The muffins are done when the middle is at 207 degrees F. in the center. I use a meat thermometer for all my cakes. Cool before drizzling glaze.
- Mix Confectioner's Sweetener with water (or heavy cream) adding a tablespoon at a time until you have a glaze thin enough to drizzle.
- Muffins freeze well. Wrap each individually in plastic. Take out to defrost about an hour in advance.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo