Every year we pick blueberries at Golden Bell Blueberry Farm right next to our subdivision. This is a summer tradition for the last several years. We came home and made a blueberry pie for the boys, and keto blueberry muffins for me.
This a well balanced recipe, made with almond flour, blueberries and sour cream. What I love about these muffins is they make a perfect breakfast cake, high enough in fat to keep you satisfied until lunch.
The crumb is perfect, not dense, not eggy like many keto muffins can be. You can make a batch and freeze and these are healthier for kids too because they are sugar free.
What is alternative flour used for keto blueberry muffins?
Why Do I use xanthan gum in this recipe?
The xanthan gum helps to keep the texture from being too crumbly.
What is the best fat for keto muffins?
I recently changed my recipe to full butter. You can use half butter, half oil or all avocado oil, but I like butter as the fat for muffins, as long as you’re willing to beat that butter a good five minutes before adding eggs.
Can You Use Frozen Blueberries?
You could but the batter will turn blue if you fold in. I suggest spooning in defrosted blueberries, once the batter is in the liners. I still prefer fresh organic blueberries.
What is the Carb Count for the Keto Blueberry Muffins?
There are 2 net carbs per muffin.
I’ve been eating low carb for a few years. I am thrilled that the low-carb desserts that I can make are a part of the Spinach Tiger Big Fat Healthy Lifestyle. I offer ohis blueberry muffin in my keto home bakery in the Franklin/Nashville area. They have been a great success.
More Keto Sweets from Spinach Tiger
Keto Blueberry Muffins
- 230 grams blanched almond flour
- 26 grams coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon 1/2 t. cinnamon or dash freshly ground nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated Swerve erythritol
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 grams sour cream 4 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- baking spray
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg or cinnamon, xanthan gum Set aside.
- Cream butter. Add Swerve. Beat for five minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until the butter is very incorporated.
- Add vanilla.
- Add sour cream.
- Add in milk.
- Add half dry mixture.
- Add dry mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Lightly spray baking cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes minutes at 350 degrees F., 180 C. Muffins should be golden brown.
- Depending on size of cups, this recipes makes 12-14 muffins.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo