Do you love pancakes? What if I told you that you could have keto pancake muffins? That is why I am reposting this. It’s time for a Fall, Comforting Treat and don’t forget to go the home page to see what new I am offering.
These are very popular in my home keto bakery and for good reason. Full of maple flavor and chopped pecans, topped with a maple glaze, it’s tastes like breakfast and is perfect warmed up.
Keto Maple Pecan Muffins for a Pancake-Like Breakfast
You can make 12 at a time and freeze for your next 12 mornings. All you need to do is microwave for a muffin that tastes like pancakes with maple syrup.
My Secret for the Best Maple Flavor
The good news about these maple pecan muffins is that they are easy, keto friendly, gluten free and sugar free. My secret to these is using Choc Zero sugar free maple syrup. If you don’t have access to that, you could use maple extract for that maple flavor. The syrup is sugar free, non-gmo, soy free and gluten free.
As an affiliate, I earn a small commission from Choc Zero, but I’m more excited to let you know you can get a 10 % off using code SpinachTiger.
My Basic Keto Muffin Base
This muffin base makes all kinds of yummy keto muffins. If you add blueberries to each muffin, you have blueberry pancake muffins.
I use almond flour, coconut flour, sour cream, xanthan gum (to hold the cake together), granulated Swerve, baking powder and salt as a muffin base.
To flavor the muffin base, I added the maple syrup and to add texture I added chopped pecans. You can roast the pecans for about three minutes to increase the flavor. There is no need to add vanilla when adding maple syrup or maple extract. This is the same basic base I use for all my keto muffins, changing flavors and fruits.
Make Keto Muffins Dairy Free
I use sour cream and almond milk, but a reader told me that using coconut cream instead works wonderfully. I would use 3/4 cup to 1 cup. As far as topping these muffins, instead of butter you could sprinkle with Swerve Confection’s Sweetener or drizzle Choc Zero Maple Syrup.
Swerve: My Favorite Sugar Free Sweetener
I use Swerve, a powdered erythritol, which comes in both the granulated form used in the muffin and the confectioner’s form used for the glaze.
Why are my cupcake liners different?
I use these liners in my keto bakery. They are so great when frosting because you can space out the frosting with each bite. You can use regular liners or order these, but they do come in packs of 200.
More Keto Muffins from Spinach Tiger
Keto Maple Pecan Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 260 grams
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Swerve Granulated
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter can use avocado oil
- 5 extra large eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour cream 60 grams
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons Choc Zero Maple Syrup or 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Maple Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Choc Zero Maple syrup or 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 180 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients except the sweetener. Set aside.
- If using butter, mix butter with Swerve for about three minutes. If using avocado oil, mix with sweetener.
- Add eggs and mix well for three minutes.
- Add sour cream and almond milk.
- Add Choc zero maple syrup. If you don't have that, add maple extract.
- Gently mix in the dry mixture, followed by pecans. (Save a little pecans for garnish if desired).
- Spray muffin liners with a gluten free baking spray.
- Use ice cream scoop to scoop evenly into 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 15 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare maple glaze and spoon over the top.
Maple Glaze Instructions
- Heat Confectioner's Swerve Sweetener, butter and Choc Zero Maple Syrup together, stirring until all in incorporated. Immediately spoon on muffins.
- Garnish with chopped pecans if desired.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo