I am so happy with these keto pumpkin streusel muffins, a moist pumpkin muffin with crumbly topping made from almond flour, butter, pecans and cinnamon, topped off with a drizzle of vanilla glaze.
The response from people who have tried these in my bakery has been amazing. I can pretty much guarantee your success when making these muffins.
I can comfortably call myself an expert when it comes to baking with pumpkin as by this point in time, I’ve baked hundreds if not thousands of pumpkin muffins and have made numerous pumpkin desserts both keto friendly and regular. If you search here you’ll find an amazing amount of pumpkin recipes from pies to cakes to scones to cookies.
Tips for Making Almond Flour Cake
- Beat eggs first for five minutes for a fluffy muffin.
- Weigh ingredients. It really does matter.
- Mix everything very well before adding dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour mixture) gently.
- Taste test: microwave a teaspoon of batter to assess if you have enough spice and sweetener for your taste.
- Use healthy oil or melted butter, slowly streaming into your beaten eggs.
- Use flat tart liners instead of regular cupcake liners to get the most streusel on each bite.
- Bake at 350 F degrees (180 C) for 15 to 17 minutes, more if you use traditional cupcake liners,
What Sweetener do I use?
I use Swerve granulated for the cake and the streusel topping. I use Swerve confectioner’s for the glaze. You can read here why I use Swerve. You can other brands of powdered erythritol if you like such as Lakanto.
Ingredients for Keto Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Avocado Oil
- Pumpkin Spices
- Pumpkin Puree
- Vanilla Extract
- Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener
- Swerve Granulated Sweetener
The thing everyone loves the most about these muffins aside from the fantastic cake texture is the streusel topping, similar to the topping here for the keto coffee cake muffins, but with the additions of chopped pecans.
Macros for Keto Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
There are 3 net carbs per muffin.
How do I make Streusel Topping?
The streusel topping is made from the ingredients below and is sprinkled over the batter.
- Almond Flour
- Swerve Granulated
How do I Make Glaze Topping?
Swerve Confectioner’s mixed with either heavy cream or water makes a perfect glaze to drizzle over these keto pumpkin streusel muffins.
Keto Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioner's sweetener
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream or water
- Preheat oven to 350 F. 180 C. Gas 4
- Mix all dry ingredients including Swerve Sweetener in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix eggs until fully blended very well.
- Stream in avocado oil.
- Add pumpkin puree and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in dry ingredients. Mix on low until just incorporated.
- Spray cupcake liners.
- Fill each one. This is 12 servings.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Inside temperature should be 210 degrees F. You'll also know they are done, when you gently touch the top and it bounces back.
- Mix the ingredients together. You will want it to be crumbly.
- Mix together adding liquid a little at a time. If It's too runny, add in a little more sweetener. If too thick add more liquid just a tablespoon at a time.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo