I bring you a lot of chicken thighs recipes and rosemary roasted chicken thighs with potatoes recipe is probably one of the easiest and tastiest family friendly meals I’m thinking that in the future at lease once a month, I want to make a more complicated meal to challenge you, but today, I give you super easy!
Chicken thighs are under-rated, and I chicken breasts are over-rated. If you haven’t yet fallen in love with chicken thighs, I urge you to give them a try, as they are tender, fatty in a food way, and have flavor nd tenderness that white meat chicken will never have. Add potatoes and you have an easy family-friendly meal where the oven does most of the work.
Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes in Cast Iron or Sheet Pan
You can make this in a cast iron pan or a sheet pan. If you do like sheet pan dinners, consider my favorite sheet pan, the USA pan. I like this extra large one, but there are various sizes.
This chicken thighs dish is one of those easy dinners that delivers long on flavor and short on time. The only real active cooking time is peeling and cutting two large potatoes. That’s it. Your oven will do the rest.
It is important that you buy high quality chicken. The good news is that even the very best chicken thighs are usually very affordable. I like Publix Greenwise brand and sometimes find four chicken thighs for under $3. I also like Bells Evans air-chilled brand found at Whole Foods. Look for sales and stock the freezer, as I have a ton of chicken thigh recipes here.
Roasted chicken thighs and potatoes is the type of meal you can prep in advance and then easily stick in the oven an hour away from dinner time.
- chicken thighs
- olive oil
Sides to Serve with Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
You could add some vegetables like brussels sprouts right in the sheet pan, or browse the salads below.
Any bag of salad with a vinaigrette works well with chicken thighs, which tend to be the fattiest part of the chicken.
Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- 4 Chicken thighs with bone and skin
- 2 potatoes large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rosemary chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Salt thighs and refrigerate for 1 hours to overnight (if you have time). If not, don't worry about it.
- Take chicken out of fridge a half hour before roasting, while oven is preheating to 425 degrees F (218 C.)
- Peel and cut potatoes in wedges. Toss with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper.
- I've made one batch in large cast iron pan, but I've also made it on a sheet pan. If you need to double recipe, use a sheet pan.
- Arrange chicken and potatoes in pan. Reserve some rosemary for after baking, If you don't have access to rosemary, I love herbs de Provence in this recipe, Sprinkle with two tablespoons of rosemary.
- Use the upper rack of oven one up from middle. Roast for 50 minutes or until the internal temp. of chicken thigh is 165 F. (74 C.)
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo