Spinach Tiger has a new look. Go to the Home page and see the all the possibilities. We have over 1300 recipes here, and I’d love to see what you think!
Sausage and Peppers is an Italian classic! This is a bit redesigned with loose Italian sausage turned into a stir fry.
Italian Sausage and Peppers Stir Fry is one of the easiest yet tastiest dishes to make in a hurry. This is also a dish you can add to. For example you could serve this tucked into side rolls, over pasta, over cauliflower rice, or with fried potatoes. I like it just as it it, but I encourage you to stretch it even further for your family as needed.
What Sausage do I Use for Sausage and Peppers Stir Fry?
Use loose Italian sausage, bright bell peppers (which are sweetest) and some onion. I like my peppers softened, and I will fry them first with onion on a medium low heat. Once they are mostly softened, I add in a few garlic cloves, which I later remove and then the sausage, which cooks fairly quickly. How fast is that? A dish in about twenty minutes or less!
If you think the pan has too much grease from the sausage, use paper towels to sop some of it up.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
What’s the Pan to Use for Stir Fry?
How do you Cut the Peppers and Onions?
I like to cut my peppers and onions in slivers for this recipe.
What could I add to Sausage and Peppers Stir Fry Recipe?
- Add Mushrooms.
- Add Onions.
- Put the sausage and peppers into a frittata.
- Add white beans for heft. (Rinse can in water, drain, and add in with some olive oil).
- Add macaroni (add olive oil, pecorino cheese).
More Italian Sausage Recipes
We love Italian sausage around here and have quite a few recipes to share with you that are EASY.
Italian Sausage and Peppers Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound loose Italian Sausage
- 2 red bell pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese optional, can use more or less
- Heat oil in pan of choice on medium. You may only need a tablespoon to moisten the pan. Use more if needed.
- Make sure you crumble the sausage before frying. Add a garlic clove in first and stir fry the sausage.
- Cut the bell pepper into slivers. Take all seeds outs.
- Cut the onion into slivers.
- Once the sausage is nearly cooked through, add the onion and peppers and continue cooking, and stirring until the peppers are softened.
- If you want to add in mozzarella cheese, cover with cheese and place in oven on upper rack for about 10 minutes at 375. degrees F 190 C.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo