Not only will you absolutely love this keto chocolate tart, you will serve it to company. I served it at a holiday dinner to much love. I have so many keto chocolate desserts (sugar free) here at Spinach Tiger.
Keto Chocolate Tart with Stabilized Whipped Cream is EASY
Don’t look at the ingredients and think this is hard. It’s a no bake tart, except for the pre-baked tart crust.
The filling part was easy to make keto friendly using Choc Zero sugar free chocolate chips, heavy cream, egg yolks and butter, making this a fairly high fat dessert. This keto chocolate tart depends on the quality of your chocolate chips, and I think Choc Zero has the best sugar free chips on the market.
You will also want to add whipped cream and a few raspberries to bring this to perfection.
Use SPINACHTIGER10 to Save 10% at Choc Zero.
The keto almond flour tart crust stands alone as most delicious and one you can use over and over to make your favorite tarts or filled pies. Made from almond flour, it is almost like a cookie crust and acts as a sort of cookie layer against the richness of the chocolate filling.
I actually saw this recipe in Cook’s Illustrated using a pastry sucreé tart crust and milk chocolate and wondered if I could make this sugar free with an almond flour crust and I actually think it should be the preferred method. It’s also easier.
Keto Tart Pastry Crust
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Confectioner’s Sweetener
You must roll dough out between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Using a tart pan with a removable bottom, place your parchment on top of the bottom, roll and then cut the circle, keeping the parchment paper on bottom.
Bake tart crust at 350 degrees F (180 C) for 8 -10 minutes.
What if you don’t have a tart pan?
You can use a pie pan and make a chocolate pie. I’ve done this both ways to make sure you can do this. Follow similar directions.
Just roll out a round to the size of the pie pan, cut and place in the pan. You will, probably have a little bit of dough left over and you can use it to make a small tart.
Keto Chocolate Tart Filling Ingredients
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Chips (I use Choc Zero Brand)
- Heavy Cream
- Egg Yolks
The Keto Chocolate Tart Process
The good news is that you don’t bake the tart. You will bake the tart crust and then cook the chocolate filling on top of the stove. The filling is poured into the cooled pan and refrigerated.
The filling will become thick and the best thing to do is take it out a half hour in advance, decorate with whipped cream. Serve in small slices as it’s very rich. This will disappear fast, but is also good the next day.
What’s So Delicious About this Keto Chocolate Tart
The tart crust tastes more like a cookie bottom and the chocolate is silky, creamy yet thick enough for dark chocolate satisfaction. It’s great with or without the whipped cream.
Make Keto Chocolate Tart One Day Ahead
You can make this dessert the day before. I tested this out also, and it tastes just as good. You can even decorate with a stabilized whipped cream, which holds its shape. Make it pretty with raspberries.
Make this for your next gathering and let me know how it went. I think you will love it.
More Keto Chocolate Desserts to Love
- Chocolate Pots de Creme
- Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Raspberry Bundt
- Chocolate Cupcakes, Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Brownies
Keto Chocolate Tart
- 1 Tart Pan 9 inch
Keto Tart Crust
Chocolate Tart Filling
- 12 ounces sugar free dark chocolate chips I use Choc Zero
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Keto Tart Crust
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Melt butter and cool slightly.
- Mix egg with melted butter and pour immediately into dry ingredients,
- Form into a dough ball, place between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out to the shape of your pan. Refrigerate for ten minutes.
- The tart dough will probably have to be put into the tart pan in pieces, but that okay.
- Once tart dough is secured in pan, pre-bake, place in freezer for 10 minutes. In meantime, gather ingredients for chocolate filling.
- Bake at 350 (180 C) for 8-10 minutes.
- Have a sieve and bowl ready which will be used to take the cream/egg yolks through.
- Using a bain marie (stainless bowl over simmering water) melt chocolate with 1/4 of the heavy cream, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- In a separate sauce pan, Heat cream (or half and half) with egg yolks, salt on medium low heat stirring constantly. Add in melted butter. Stir thoroughly. Strain this through a sieve.
- Add the melted chocolate to the strained mixture. Add vanilla. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour into a cooled tart shell.
- Serve with stabilized whipped cream. Garnish with berries.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo