Pumpkins muffins are all over the blogosphere and I nearly debated whether I should even post. Then I thought muffins baked in clay flower pots were just too cute not to chronicle. And, I wanted some excuse to show you the Cheekwood Scarecrows.
Located on the historic Cheek estate in West Nashville, Cheeckwood is a botanical garden and art museum resting on 55 acres, exhibiting art and special events both inside the mansion and on the grounds. You wouldn’t believe the Cheekwood Live Action Train exhibit, that runs until the end of the year, which will impress anyone from age 2 to 102, but especially will enchant four year old boys.
During the month of October, very unique scarecrows are scattered throughout the grounds and they are a site to see. From Edgar Allen Crow to Vincent Van Crow, these aren’t your granddaddy’s scarecrows.
Here are just a few of the most interesting scarecrows from the exhibit.
Tell me, what kind of scarecrow would you design? Would you go for something cutesy like Miss Kitty or are you more the Edgar Allen Crow type?
Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Glaze and the Cheekwood Scarecrows
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6-8 Roasted Pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, salt baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, butter, buttermilk, pumpkin, vanilla and egg.
- Add flour mixture to this wet mixture, but do not over stir.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with glaze (below) when they come out of the oven).
- Add a pecan on top (optional)
- Cinnamon Glaze
- /2 cup confectioner's sugar
- teaspoon cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- tablespoons milk
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg together. Add in milk a tablespoon at a time until you get a glaze consistency. You might want to add in a little more sugar if it's too thin.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo