Have you heard of basque cheesecake? It’s been a thing for a while in upscale restaurants, very creamy on the inside with a burnt topping that elicits a delicious caramelized flavor. It’s unbelievable delicious.
Thanks to Whole Earth Golden Sweetener, (Amazon) Keto basque cheesecake is made very much like typical basque cheesecake with the absence of flour and a sweetener replacement.
How Does Basque Cheesecake Differ from Regular Cheesecake?
- There is no crust.
- Heavy cream instead of sour cream creates much different texture.
- The top is bronzed (almost burnt) which brings a caramelized flavor.
- Cheesecake pan is lines with parchment paper to avoid burning the sides and can be served on parchment.
- Basque cheesecake is baked at a very high temperature and no water bath.
Keto Basque Cheesecake Ingredients
Made with cream cheese, eggs, sweetener (Swerve) and heavy cream, the texture and the appearance is very different from regular cheesecake. The inside is very creamy, while regular cheesecake typically made with cream cheese and sour cream is more dense and more evenly baked. The middle of the basque cheesecake will be a lot creamier than its edges.
What Should the Internal Temperature of Basque Cheesecake be?
Once the internal temperature reaches 150 Degrees F. in the middle, take it out.
Tips for Baking Keto Basque Cheesecake
- Don’t scrimp on heavy cream. The heavy cream is the secret to the creamy texture.
- Use a springform pan.
- Use the right sized pan. This recipe is for an 8 inch cheesecake pan. If you use a 9 inch or 10 inch pan, it’s not going to work unless you adjust the ingredients.
- Make sure your oven is completely pre-heated and hot prior to putting in oven.
- Use double pieces of parchment paper and don’t worry about the wrinkles it will cause.
- Get the air out by knocking the cake pan on the counter prior to baking.
- Wait until the basque cheesecake is completely cooled before refrigerating. This will , avoid any condensation.
- Serve alone. Fruit is okay, but could mask that caramelized taste.
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened and at room temperature and mix well on medium low speed before adding rest of ingredients. Eggs and heavy cream should be at room temp also.
- Ovens vary. Check the temperature after 30 minutes. My oven baked this very fast.
- Freeze; thaw in refrigerator. I froze in pieces. Worked beautifully.
This keto basque cheesecake is mind-blowing, rich with caramel notes and no one will know it’s keto. Let me know if you make this. I would love to hear from you. Don’t forget to pin.
More Keto Cheesecake Recipes from Spinach Tiger
- Classic Keto New York Cheesecake
- Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Maple Pecan Cheesecake Bars
- Crustless Cheesecake Jars
- Mini Cheesecake for Two
Keto Basque Cheesecake
- 1 8 inch Springform Pan
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Golden Erythritol and Monk Fruit see notes
- Prepare pan with two large pieces of parchment paper. You can fold the sides. Wrinkled cheese cake sides are part of a basque cheesecake. You might want to pray or butter the bottom of the pan first to get the parchment paper to stick to bottom and sides. (Don't overdo that).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make sure cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs are at room temperature.
- Use a hand beater (if you have one) to mix the cream cheese until very smooth.
- Add sweetener a half cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla. Mix on low speed.
- Make sure oven is very hot and preheated for 20 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan. Bang on counter to get rid of any air.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Your oven will be different from my oven. Check at 30. You want your internal temperature in the middle to be about 150 degrees F. You will want a soft center.
- Cool completely before placing in fridge uncovered to prevent any condensation.
- FREEZING: You can freeze whole or in pieces. Defrost in refrigerator. I tested this in pieces and it defrosted beautifully.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo