You will love this new chocolate dessert. Yes another sugar free chocolate dessert. It’s hard to stop because chocolate is always in the top five list of cravings, not matter what.
Keto chocolate pots de creme different from my recent keto chocolate mousse. Unlike mousse, pots de creme is baked in little ramekins in a water bath. The other difference and this is a big one, is that you CAN eat pots de creme warm.[mailerlite_form form_id=1]
How do you Pronounce Pots de Creme?
Po de krem (Don’t be intimidated with this fancy name).
What is Chocolate Pots de Creme?
It’s means little pots of baked cream or custard, made with chocolate, eggs, cream and sweetener. Because I used sugar free dark chocolate chips and a little swerve, this is low carb and keto friendly. But, trust me no one will know. It is baked in a water bath.
The Process for Keto Chocolate Pots de Creme
Set up a bain marie. A bain marie is simply a double boiler or a bowl placed over simmering water. In this case the chocolate is warmed along with heavy cream, very similar to making a ganache. It is then incorporated with egg yolks and milk. I use Fair Life Milk which is higher in protein and lower in carbs.
What is Choc Zero Chocolate?
Choc Zero is my go to for sugar free chocolate chips. It melts just like high quality chocolate and tastes the same. The dark chocolate chips tastes like high quality chocolate. I’ve been able to make a very successful chocolate ganache using these chips.
As an affiliate, I do earn a commission on the purchases made with me code.
Serve Keto Pots de Creme Warm or Cold
Keto is one of the few chocolate (custard type) desserts that you can eat warm or cold.
Serve with stabilized whipped cream.
More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- Keto Ding Dong Cake
- Keto Brownies
- Keto Chocolate Buttercream
- Keto German Chocolate Cake
- Keto Texas Sheet Cake
- Keto Chocolate Budino
Sugar Free Chocolate Pots de Créme
- 3 oz. sugar free chocolate chips I use Choc Zero
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk Fair Life
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Granulated or erythritol of choice
- 4 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt chocolate with cream in bain marie, a bowl placed over simmering water.
- Heat remaining milk and Swerve until Swerve Is incorporated.
- Whisk yolks well and slowly stir into this milk mixture.
- Take yolks/milk mixture through a sieve.
- Stir Into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into 6 ramekins or 8 espresso cups. Place in water bath, a larger baking dish and bring water up to 1/2 inch from top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or 40 minutes in espresso cups.
- Serve warm with stabilized whipped cream, or refrigerate and serve cold. You can make this a day in advance.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo