Are you in the baking cooking worry camp? Do you fret when you go into the kitchen to bake? Do you panic when folks are coming to dinner (especially holidays) and they have special diets?
If you are worried about serving dessert for special diets (keto, gluten free, diabetic, Paleo) during the holidays, I have the easiest recipe for you. Keto Pumpkin Sheet Pan Cake Squares with Stabilized Whipped Cream is easy to bake even for the novice.
It has taken me several evolutions to find that perfect pumpkin batter that is not too wet, nor too dense. I have made this pumpkin cake batter hundreds of times in several forms, from cupcakes to layer cakes. I particularly like this recipes for a crowd because the sheet pan cake is cut into squares, with a dollop of stabilized whipped cream and can be eaten in two bites. It’s baked in a quarter sized sheet pan. My favorite at Amazon is this one from USA Pan.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Sheet Pan Cake
Can I Substitute Butter for Avocado Oil?
Yes you can. I have a very particular way I make my batter by whipping the eggs into a frenzy and slowly streaming in the oil. You can do the same thing using melted butter.
Do a Batter Taste Test
I always microwave a teaspoon of batter for about 20 seconds (give or take) to assess taste. This is especially important when you are adding spices to a batter. Some like pumpkin cake more pumpkin spiced than others.
How do you Bake a Sheet Pan Cake?
Use a quarter sized sheet pan and parchment paper. You want to end up with cake about two inches high.
What is Stabilized Whipped Cream?
Stabilized whipped cream is made from heavy cream, cream cheese and or Swerve confectioner’s sugar. The two tablespoons of cream cheese keeps the cream stable. In other words, you can put this sheet cake in the fridge with the whipped cream and it will stay perfect. Recipe here.
Tips for Easy Keto Pumpkin Sheet Pan Cake Squares
- Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Don’t overbake, as you don’t want the edges browned. Use food thermometer in center. Take out at 207 F. 98 C.
- Use parchment paper.
- Don’t over mix the batter, which can make a cake dense and dry.
- Do a taste test as mentioned above.
- Cool completely, before cutting into squares or applying whipped cream.
- Don’t over mix the stabilized whipped cream.
- Use a piped bag and piping tip if you have it for a fancier look for whipped cream.
Keto Pumpkin Sheet Pan Cake with Stabilized Whipped Cream
Pumpkin Cake Dry Ingredients
Cake Wet Ingredients
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Stabilized Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Confectioner's Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- Prepare bundt pan, by generously buttering with soft butter. Freeze pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 180 C.
- Mix eggs with oil.
- Add pumpkin puree, followed by vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl. Whisk to make sure all in evenly incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredients
- Mix just until incorporated on low. Don't over mix.
- Pour batter into sheet pan. Smooth out with offset spatula.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a thermometer measures at least 205 degrees F. Check at 15 minutes. You may need to cover with foil at this point, if edges are browning. Continue to bake until you reach at 205 F.
- Allow to cool completely before applying whipped cream.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo