Bacon is a staple of the keto diet for some of us, but did you know that you can make a sugar free maple bacon jam that will change your life?
Tired of the same old recipes, spoon some bacon jam on your veggies, your seafood and your eggs. Add to your salad dressing, your pureed soups like butternut squash or broccoli basil.
Add to your burger with a dollop of peanut butter and you’ll thank me all day long, That really is wild taste fest!
Add to your grain free biscuits or dollop on your keto pancakes or keto dutch baby. This would be so good in meatloaf!
The important thing is to keep your food life interesting enough to not fall off the food plan that you know loves you back the most. Anytime I indulge on a special occasion and over-eat (especially carbs) I feel it and realized I have not exercised enough self-care.
Sugar is a special culprit that attacks my brain, as do heavy carbs. We recently had a birthday feast and I way overdid my splurge. The next day I had serious brain fog? Thankfully, we immediately ate light the next day ordering poke bowls for dinner. My way back is always to immediately go back to a food plan that works for me.
Ingredients for Sugar Free Maple Bacon Jam
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup (Choc Zero)
- Swerve (why I use Swerve read here)
- Black Strap Molasses
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Grain Mustard/Dijon Mustard
What you can do with maple bacon jam is endless and I’m sure you have even better ideas than I do.
What is Choc Zero?
I am an affiliate (earning commission) with Choc Zero, a company that provides many wonderful sugar free, low carb products. I use their chocolate chips for my keto chocolate chip cookies. I especially like their maple syrup, which I have used in my maple pecan muffins and I use in this recipe.
Add Sugar Free Maple Bacon Jam to these Dishes
- Steak Burgers
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Kale Salad with Sweet Potatoes
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Grain Free Biscuits
- Grain Free Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Grain Free Pancakes
- Grain Free Dutch Baby
- Grain Free Pumpkin Dutch Baby
Sugar Free Maple Bacon Jam
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon black strap molasses
- 2 tablespoons Swerve granulated
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons choc zero maple syrup or your choice of sugar free maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Dash salt
- Cut bacon into very small pieces. Fry until crispy. Drain. Set aside.
- In separate pan, melt butter and sautè diced shallots until softened.
- Add everything except water and bacon. Stir and cook for five minutes.
- Add bacon and water.
- Cook on very low for 45 minutes.
- Keep in refrigerator.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo