Keto Pumpkin Dutch Baby is one big low carb pumpkin pancake, baked in the oven. What better way to celebrate National Pumpkin Day?
Today I bring you grain free, keto pumpkin dutch baby because it’s October and so far, I’ve only given you one new pumpkin recipe this Fall. Made with almond flour, coconut flour a bit of pumpkin, it’s easily mixed in a bowl (no special mixers needed) and then baked in the oven for about 15 minutes. It can even be made ahead of time, refrigerated and reheated.
What is a Dutch Baby?
It’s basically a big baked pancake, made in a cast iron pan with extra eggs, and often with fruit. The pumpkin dutch baby is especially good when doused with a cream cheese glaze.
Easy Ingredients for Keto Pumpkin Dutch Baby
The ingredients are simple. Almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, vanilla, eggs and, sour cream, pumpkin puree. Butter is melted until very hot in a cast iron pan, and the mixture is poured in and baked for fifteen minutes. That’s it.
Pin this ↓
More Dutch Babies from Spinach Tiger
I developed this pumpkin recipe with notes from my original basic keto dutch baby, which we make all the time.
I’ve made a lot of dutch babies here at Spinach Tiger. This one (made with flour) apple dutch baby here, is very traditional as is this country sausage dutch baby. As we loved these so much, I had to develop a grain free, keto version.
Earlier this summer, I developed this recipe for a savory dutch baby, perfect for a brunch or lighter supper. The salty, crunch bacon and melty cheese made this wonderful grain free, keto friendly comfort food.
Cream Cheese Glaze for Keto Pumpkin Dutch Baby
This works well with a cream cheese glaze as instructed below, but if you want an easier glaze, you can use heavy cream, milk, or almond milk, mixed with Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener. Make it as thin or thick as you like.
Nutrition Value for Keto Pumpkin Dutch Baby
There are 2 net carbs for 1/4 of dutch baby.
Keto Pumpkin Dutch Baby
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature, softened
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sugar more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degres F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, making sure baking powder is thoroughly mixed.
- Add eggs, sour cream and pumpkin puree.
- Once incorporated, add extracts.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet in oven until butter is bubbly.
- Pour mixture into pan and shut oven.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes until the center is springy.
- Serve with Cream Cheese Glaze or Whipped Cream
Cream Cheese Glaze
- In a small food processor or by hand beat cream cheese till smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients. This only makes enough for a drizzle glaze.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo