One of my bakery customer described this low carb strawberry frosting as so good, they wanted to just eat a entire bowl of it.
I know strawberry cake is favorite in the south and sells out anytime it’s on a restaurant menu, because it hits all those food memory points. Someone’s grandma made the best strawberry cake or every time we had a get together we had to have the strawberry cake.
Low Carb Strawberry frosting is not easy to make. Strawberries are 92% water and this has to be cooked out or roasted out prior to making a frosting that can you can pipe. What you want is intense flavor without the water that compromises the frosting.
Roast the Strawberries for Low Carb Strawberry Frosting
I like to roast the strawberries to intensify the flavor and then blend them. You can also choose to cook the strawberries on top of the stove on very low and reduce down as much as possible to eliminate the water and intensify the flavor.
Use Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener for Sugar Free, Low Carb Keto Friendly Frosting
What Sweeteners do I use to make Keto Strawberry Cake?
I use Swerve granulated and confectioner’s sweetener. You can find out more about why I use these here.
Ways to Use Strawberry Frosting
You do not have to pipe the frosting if you want to use a little less. I love a smooth topping with a fresh strawberry or sprinkles. You can get sugar free sprinkles from Stoka.
More Low Carb Frostings from Spinach Tiger
Low Carb Strawberry Frosting
- 1 cup strawberries Can use fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Swerve
- 8 ounces butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Swerve
- 1/3 cup strawberry puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put strawberries on baking pan. Sprinkle with Swerve.
- Puree roasted strawberries in super blender or Vitamix.
- Beat butter for five minutes until very light.
- Place cream cheese in microwave for 10 seconds to take off chill. Beat cream cheese separately.
- Add cream cheese to butter.
- Add sifted Swerve confectioner's sweetener 1/2 cup at a time.
- Make sure strawberry puree is room temperature. If it's iced cold, it will separate.
- Add in strawberry puree a little at a time. Mix very well.
- Keep refrigerated.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo