This is the best vanilla cake base for so many delicious keto friendly, grain free cakes. It’s the single most popular cake in my keto home bakery, and I have to have it on the menu every week.
It’s beautiful with my keto vanilla buttercream frosting.
This cake works well as a base for many flavored cakes. Add extracts or other ingredients to this cake such as coconut, nuts or berries.
What Does this Recipe Keto Vanilla Cake Make?
Make this cake triple layer 6 inch cake or a double layer 8 inch cake. Make 12 vanilla cupcakes or make a vanilla bundt cake with a vanilla glaze.
This is the one recipe where I will splurge and use true vanilla bean paste, but as that is pricey, you can use vanilla extract.
Ingredients for Keto Vanilla Cake
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Xanthan Gum
- Baking Powder
- Swerve Granulated
- Avocado Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Frosting: Butter, Swerve Confectioner’s
Macros: 4 Net Carbs per Slice
Regarding frosting, it will be up to you to pile high or add thin layers. I actually like thin layers of buttercream frosting on layered cake served with an array of berries. You can frost sides which takes more buttercream, or leave sides unfrosted (my favorite).
Pink Vanilla Cake
One of my regular customers from our keto bakery requested a Pink Vanilla Cake for her daughter’s birthday. The magic happened with just a few drops of pink food gel (Amazon) and adding to the vanilla buttercream.
More Keto Cake from Spinach Tiger
- Keto Coconut Cake
- Keto Chocolate with Vanilla Buttercream
- Keto Carrot Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Frosting
- Keto Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese
- Keto Strawberry Cake
- Keto Vanilla Glazed Muffins
Keto Glazed Vanilla Muffin
Keto Buttercream Frosting
- 3 cups butter (6 sticks)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2.5 cups Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream if needed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 180 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients including sweetener. Set aside.
- Mix eggs well, about five minutes.
- Stream in oil.
- Add sour cream and almond milk and then add to mixture.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gently mix in the dry mixture.
- Spray and line 3 six inch cake pans. (see notes for cupcakes).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is at 207 degrees F. in center.
Keto Vanilla Buttercream
- Using Circle Tip for inside layers.Use 1 M for the Top.
- When ready to frost, trim tops of two of the layers
- You do not have to frost the sides. You can make this like a naked cake or leave sides completely unfrosted. See above gallery.
- Make sure butter and cream cheese are at room temperature.
- Mix on medium speed for five minutes.
- Slowly add the Swerve, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add salt, vanilla. Continue to mix.
- When cakes come out of the oven, gently use a knife to go around the sides. Wait about 10 minutes and using a plate or cardboard round, turn cakes over, but leave the pan to cover the cake. This will keep all the moisture in the cake while it cools.
- You can choose to frost sides or leave them plain. If you don't frost sides, then you will put more frosting in the center. I like to pipe the center in a circle and smooth out. You will not need to crumb coat if you don't frost sides.The rose top is very easy to do. Use a 1 M tip in a piping bag. Hold the bag straight about an inch above cake, press and the begin to make a swirl.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo