When it comes to parties, I find that people like to sample a little bit of everything and little mini desserts work so well. I wanted to bring brownie bites to a farm party for the little ones. Kids love sprinkles and chocolate, but I didn’t have any baking chocolate on hand, only cocoa, and whipped these little brownie bites up.
I used a cookie scooper to put them into a mini cupcake pan and they were done in about 15 minutes. There are a lot of eggs in the recipe, making them more cake like. You can reduce the eggs to 3 for more density. If you want more chocolate, add chocolate chips to the top before before into the oven.
I kept a few back and put then in the freezer and they were even better heated up. I call this the little no-guilt chocolate fix. You could make these well in advance and freeze in freezer bags and sit out (outside of the bag) at room temperature to defrost. That makes these a great treat for hot outdoor events.
Take Brownie Bites them frozen; they’ll be read to eat once you get to the party.
If you get the little round sphere-type sprinkles, they stay intact and hold their color.
Followup: Since this post, I made the brownies below with three kinds of chocolate. Here is that grown up brownie with a gluten free option.
Brownie Bites Made with Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs 3 eggs if you like dense
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- Kitchen Tools Needed
- Mini Cupcake Pan Order Here
- Melt butter. Mix with oil.
- Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and sift. I always use this kind of sifter.
- Add dry mixture to wet and stir.
- Add in chocolate chips if you are using them.
- Spray a mini cupcake pan or grease with butter or oil
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon and fill 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo