Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies made with almond butter and no flour are the ultimate easy cookie that tastes decadent. We keep them in the freezer for quick snacks or after dinner mini-desserts and I find I’m making them at least once a week!
Good News Friends
Big fat healthy food that never ever feels like a diet, but is more of a lifestyle of feeding yourself healthy. This recipe was created for the book.
I’ve been putting together recipes for a ebook cookbook for a weight loss/fitness training program that is conducted on-line. I’ll tell you more about that later, but it’s super exciting to be a part of something so near and dear to my heart. I’m a huge believer in weight resistance training and healthy eating.
Part of the plan includes a few treats. The program doesn’t allow for dairy, grains or sugar. But that doesn’t have to mean, it won’t be great. This is one of the recipes going in the cookbook.
Paleo Chocolate chip cookies will be good for everyone, because first of all, it’s enjoyable, and second of all, it will keep the appetite to overindulge in sweets at bay.
Paleo Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies made with almond butter are not a diet cookie, but they are low in carbs, high in fat and satisfying.
They can help to keep you on your plan and keep you from eating a big fat cake!
We are hoping to get people slimmer by putting the fat back in and reducing the sugar. This paleo chocolate chip cookie does that.
We have chosen two treats for the diet plan. These paleo chocolate chip cookies and these brownie bites.
This is not the most unique recipe. I’ve seen versions of it all over the web. This is probably the most “honey” reduced and most workable for the plan. It’s one of the easiest recipes for cookies I’ve ever seen, outside of measuring out the almond butter. I highly recommend using a food scale, which makes it so much easier.
We LOVE these cookies, probably a little too much, and I don’t usually like cookies. I have to put them in the freezer to not have them right in my face. I have this feeling we will be fighting over the last one, and I’ll have to keep a batch in the freezer at all times.
So tell me, do you snack, and do you have something ready for when the chocolate urge hits.
- 12 tablespoons Crunchy Almond Butter (186 grams) (or regular almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Baking Sheet
- Plastic Wrap
- Kitchen Scale
- Cookie Spatula
- If you have a food scale, weigh your almond butter to 186 grams. This is much easier than measuring out.
- Mix everything together. You can do this easily by hand.
- Using a long sheet of plastic wrap about 16 inches, place mixture on sheet and spread out to 12 inches. Wrap in a rolling fashion. Freeze for one hour. This is not absolutely necessary, but makes it easier as the almond butter, honey mixture can be sticky.
- Cut into 12 pieces. You may find you still need to roll out and press down a little.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Active Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Bake Time: 8-10 Minutes