Chocolate and hazelnut naturally go together. But, adding in crispy prosciutto takes it up several notches. Seriously, you have the chocolate, the crunchy, the nutty, and the salty all baked together and topped with hazelnut cream. What could be better?
Bookmark this and serve it to holiday guests. They will talk about it for a long time.
This is very moist just the way a bread pudding ought to be and very easy to make. The whipped cream turns this into a special dessert. I like the idea of individual sized cups as this makes it easy to feed a crowd.
- 4 cups of nature’s pride country white bread cubes, set out overnight
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 6 ounces nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (the better quality, the better flavor)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ chopped toasted hazelnuts, reserving enough to garnish
- 4 slices crispy prosciutto (see below) crumbled for topping and for recipe. If you are only using for topping, use less.
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Set bread cubes aside in mixing bowl.
- Toast hazelnuts for 5 minutes at 375.
- Crisp prosciutto for 10 minutes at 375.
- Continually whisking, heat heavy cream, milk, and cocoa on stove to boiling.
- Turn off heat, add nutella, whisk until fully incorporated.
- Beat egg yolk with sugar.
- Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture, slowly.
- Add in half of the chopped nuts.
- Option: You can also add in crispy prosciutto (very fine pieces). Prosciutto can be of a different size, so you can be judge on how much to make.
- Wrap in plastic for one hour.
- Spoon into baking cups. Bake at 350 for 21 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and crumbled crispy prosciutto.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.