Are you looking for a way to make chicken breasts more exciting, more gourmet? You will absolutely love this dish. Tastes like slow food, but can be made in mere minutes.
Boneless chicken breasts can be boring, tasteless and bland. A mustard cream sauce, however, brings flair and flavor and turns a quick dinner into something you should eat slowly with a glass of wine.
I haven’t talked about the twins who just turned 16 and are doing a hybrid home school program this year. They are here for lunch a few days a week helping me in the bakery. I recently served this chicken (which I’ve made three times in the past week) over pasta for them and they loved it.
I’ve used boneless chicken breasts. Pound the chicken out to flatten, season with salt and pepper and cut it into serving pieces. I’ve fried in butter with a little oil.
Ingredients for Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
- Boneless Chicken Breasts or Boneless, Skinless Thighs
- Heavy Cream
- Dijon Mustard, Whole Grain Mustard
- Salt, Pepper
- Herbs: Use either Parsley, Tarragon, Dill or Thyme.
Easy Process for Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
This process takes less than 20 minutes and is perfect for a small dinner party.
- Use stainless steel pan with butter (and a little oil) to fry the chicken.
- Chicken is done at 165 F. Center. Set Aside on platter. Cover with Foil to keep warm.
- Make sure there are no dark bits you wouldn’t want in your sauce before you begin to make it.
- Heat heavy cream (Ratio: 1 cup with 2 tablespoons of each mustard). Do not over-heat.
- Put chicken back in cream sauce OR Pour cream sauce over chicken on platter.
- If you desire to add in a cup of sauteed mushrooms, makes those first. Set those aside.
Optional: Add Mushrooms
Sautè the mushrooms separately. Chop mushrooms, fry in butter. Set aside. Add at the end.
What to Serve with this Dish
You only need ONE side with this dish, as it’s rich, but enjoy however you please.
- Green Salad, Lemon Dressing
- Kale Apple Salad
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Butter Roasted Whole Cauliflower
- Asparagus Gremolata
- Smashed Fingerling Potatoes
More Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes
- Ricotta Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Francaise
- Chicken PIccata
- Chicken Parmesan (Old School)
- Chicken Parm Pepperoni (Keto)
- Chicken Marsala
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 whole chicken breasts sliced into cutlets
- 2 tablesoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
Mustard Creme Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard See Notes
- Herbs: Parsley, Tarragon, Dill or Thyme Pars
- You can either slice chicken breasts into cutlets or pound chicken to flatten and cut into serving pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan before adding butter and oil. If not chicken will stick.
- Add oil and butter and heat for about twenty seconds. Add Chicken pieces.
- Brown chicken until center is 165 C. Remove to platter. Cover with foil.
Mustard Cream Sauce
- Remove any dark bits from pan.
- Add heavy cream and mustard, and heat through. This will not take long.
- Add fresh herbs.
- Immediately add to chicken. You can bring chicken back into pan or pour sauce over chicken in a platter.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo