Fall is salad season. I know you might be thinking summer takes all when it comes to salads, but think about the kinds of ingredients you can put into a salad.
Brussels Sprouts. Yes, you eat them raw.
Apples. You know you have to wait for Fall to get the fresh, crispy apples.
Maple. This is the key ingredient in the vinaigrette and ushers in this season well.
Corn Bread Croutons. Doesn’t corn bread start to remind you of corn bread dressing, comfort food and cozy blankets?
My only problem is that there are equal amounts of apples and brussels sprouts and I didn’t know what to call this.
This is an apple salad with Brussels sprouts. It’s also a Brussels Sprouts salad with apples.
In other words, they both play a major role here and I’ve used equal amounts. While apple and Brussels sprouts fight it out, the real star of this salad is the corn bread croutons, and if that’s not enough excitement, add crispy pancetta and a maple vinaigrette.
I cannot imagine anyone not loving this salad. And just so you know you can even roast all of it, if you don’t want to eat it raw. I tried it both ways and it just depends on the mood I’m in.
This is the salad that could change your Fall holidays.
You might also check out this nearly legendary Autumn Kale Salad, which I call the perfect pot luck salad.
Apple Brussels Sprouts Salad with Corn Bread Croutons
- 1 pint brussels sprouts cleaned sliced thinly
- 1 apple sliced into apple sticks
- 2 ounces pancetta chopped in small pieces
- 1 piece of corn bread cut into cubes
- handful of roasted walnuts cut into small pieces
- !Maple Dressing here
- Wash and trim brussels sprouts.
- Cut thin strips cross wise.
- Cut apples into strips. Gala is a good choice, doesn't brown.
- Saute pancetta until crispy in a frying pan. Set aside.
- Cut corn bread in cubes and bake in oven for 4 to 5 minutes. You can roast the walnuts at same time.
- Toss brussels sprouts and apples with vinaigrette.
- Add pancetta, walnuts and corn bread croutons.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo