Tiramisu in Italy means “pick me up” or “pick up. In other words, it’s a dessert meant to make you feel good, with layers of lady fingers, mascarpone, and espresso.
It’s creamy, dreamy and a Tiramisu martini should be just as much a pick me up as the cake in its namesake.
The tricky part of this drink is trying to not taste just like iced coffee. That’s why vanilla vodka or a vanilla comes in to boost that creamy taste you need. I asked my local liquor store what they would recommend for the liquors and Rumchata was at the top of the list.
Rumchata is a cream liquor that uses distilled Caribbean rum and the freshest real dairy cream with a touch of natural cinnamon, vanilla, sugar and other secret flavors. Whatever those flavors are, it is the perfect something something for the tiramisu martini.
The Tiramisu Martini is a romantic drink that can be a dessert or a just because I love you cocktail.
It’s the cocktail that says, “I want to splurge with you.”
Another idea for this drink is to serve it in mini glasses at a party and pass it around. It will make people smile.
I made a similar cocktail, a Salted Irish Cream Caramel Martini, using grated whole chocolate to rim the glass.
What Tools do You Need for Martini Making? These are top notch ideas which also make great gifts.
If you want to make martinis at home, you need a few basics.
A Stainless Cocktail Shaker with Stir Spoon and Jigger
Martini Glasses – You can drink from ordinary martini glasses, but take a look at these. Wow.
- 2 jiggers coffee liquor (Kahlua)
- 2 jiggers Rum Chata plus more to rim glasses
- 2 jiggers ounces Chocolate Liquor (such as Godiva)
- 2-4 ounces heavy cream (optional, if you want to cut the liquor)
- unsweetened cocoa for garnish
- lady fingers for garnish
- melted chocolate to garnish lady fingers (optional)
- Rim two martiini glasses with vodka.
- Dip rim of glasses into cocoa.
- Mix all liquid ingredients in shaker with ice. If you want to cut some of the liquor add in 2 - 4 ounces of heavy cream.
- Shake until cold.
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with lady fingers.
- If you want to garnish the lady fingers, melt dark chocolate in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Drizzle over lady fingers.
Note: This page contains affiliate ads.