Strawberry frosé, the refreshing adult slushie, (frozen rosé), is just what summer calls for. This is my strawberry version and it’s so refreshing, not too sweet, and balanced just right with a little lemon simple syrup.
There are many variations for frosé, but we think we nailed this one on the first try. I used a not too sweet, deeply colored rosè to start with, added frozen strawberries, a small amount of lemon simple syrup, and an even smaller amount (tablespoon) of raspberry syrup. You could use also strawberry simple syrup, but I would still add in some lemon juice.
To make simple syrup, boil equal amounts of sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. I squeezed half of a lemon into this to make the simple syrup. Keep in mind about 1/4 cup simple syrup is all I used, because we’re not making punch or sangria. We want to keep the rosé flavors and not make it too sweet. I used the frozen strawberries because I did not want to add in any ice to water it down. NO ICE!
When I put this on instagram, people asked how it became so red. It was a surprise to me too, but I think it was the strawberries and my deep red raspberry syrup. You could add one or two tablespoons of grenadine instead.
The Strawberry Frosé Process
Pour the rosé into a large 13 x 9 baking pan. Freeze for a minimum of six hours. It will not freeze completely due to the alcohol.
Freeze 2 cups of organic strawberries. You will start with one cup and add as you taste.
Make simple syrup. 1/2 cup water to 1/2 cup sugar with juice of 1/2 lemon. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Cool. (see recipe notes for sugar free version).
We had purchased some raspberry syrup at a speciality shop and added that. You could use this raspberry syrup. (amazon).
I used the Vitamix (amazon) and blended until the strawberries were fully processes.
These are so cute, especially with these striped straws, which would be perfect for summer holidays.
More Cocktail Drinks from Spinach Tiger
Meet me on instagram. They get to see everything first and all the stories getting there.
Frosê, the Perfect Party Adult Slushie
- 1 bottle rosé
- 1/4 cup lemon simple syrup see notes
- 10 large frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry simple syrup Order Here
- basil for garnish
- Freeze rosé in 9 x 13 baking pan for at least 6 hours. It will not freeze completely.
- Make simple syrup by bringing 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar with juice of one lemon to a boil. Simmer until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool completely.
- Place slushy rosé, simple syrup, frozen strawberries and raspberry syrup in blender until you have the strawberries are blended. It may be more like a frozen soft sorbet at this time.
- Pour or spoon into glasses or jars and serve immediately.
- Makes 4 large servings or 8 mini jar servings.
- garnish with fresh herbs (I used lemon basil)
Use half cup water with only 1/4 cup erythritol.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo