I love white chocolate, especially with peanut butter. This combination reminds me of the peanut butter marshmallow sandwiches we ate as children when on vacation. The good news is keto white chocolate peanut butter cups is a much better choice when counting carbs.
The recipe is very similar to these keto dark chocolate peanut butter cups, made with Choc Zero chips. I wasn’t sure how the white chocolate chips would work, but once tempered, they work perfectly and give you the snap and taste of regular white chocolate.
Why Do We Temper Chocolate?
Tempering means melting chocolate that will come back together in texture and snap. When chocolate is not tempered, it will have to be refrigerated and will melt in your hand.
How to Temper White Chocolate
Tempering the sugar free white chocolate is no different than tempering regular white chocolate.
Use double boiler method: I prefer this over microwaving chocolate, especially white chocolate which can overheat easily. Simply put about an inch of water in saucepan and place a heat proof (stainless) bowl over the simmering water, but without the bowl touching. This is very important in order to keep a steady low temperature.
Typically, all you need to do is place 3/4 of the chocolate you need in the bowl and melt, stirring continuously and then taking chocolate off heat and adding in the rest of the chocolate. If you keep the heat low, and stir continuously, you can even add more chocolate in. You must make sure that not one drop of water gets in the bowl as the chocolate will seize up and not be usable.
I tempered the choc zero white chocolate chips three times to make sure this works, if directions are followed.
I use Choc Zero white chocolate chips as an affiliate and earn a small commission.
Tips for Tempering Sugar Free White Chocolate
- Make sure the bowl is completely dry.
- Keep the heat on low.
- Use a bain marie (double boiler). Do not allow the simmering water to touch the bowl.
- Stir continuously.
- White chocolate is ready to use at 110 degrees F. Don’t over-heat.
Measure Peanut Butter for Keto White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
The EASIEST way to measure peanut butter is to weigh it. The Kirkland peanut butter is 32 grams per 2 tablespoons or 16 per tablespoon. You need 8 tablespoons which is 128 grams. Once you have the peanut butter in the bowl and weighed, add remaining ingredients.
Invest in a food scale like the one I have and use every day.
Use small all silicone cups, which will remove your peanut butter cups easily and aren’t too big.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Filling
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter (smooth)
- Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener
- Blackstrap Molasses (optional)
How to Store Peanut Butter Cups
I keep mine in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. You can keep in freezer.
You May Also like these Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Keto White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups,
Peanut Butter Filling
- 8 tablespoons sugar free peanut butter 128 grams
- 2 tablespoons stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 7 ounces Sugar Free White Chocolate Chips
Peanut Butter Filling
- Heat peanut butter and butter in saucepan until it bubbles. Turn off heat.
- Add confectioner's sweetener a little at a time. Taste for desired sweetness. You may decide to use less or add more.
- Stir until mixed well.
Temper White Chocolate
- Use a bain marie (double boiler) to melt chocolate. Use 2 inches water in saucepan and make sure heat-proof bowl does not touch water. Use simmering water and melt ony 3/4 of the chocolate.
- Once it's melted at about 110 degrees F. take off heat and add remaining white chocolate. Continue to stir.
Peanut Butter Cups
- Fill silicone molds with melted chocolate, making sure to come up the sides.
- Put in freezer for ten minutes.
- Fill with peanut butter filling. Use a small offset spatula or butter knife to smooth the top. Freeze for ten minutes.
- Top with remaining melted chocolate, which you may need to heat again.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, before enjoying. You can keep in refrigerator for 3 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo