Keto Praline Cupcakes are basically vanilla cupcakes (or what I call my lala cakes) with a pecan glaze. I served these a few weeks ago to my keto baking class and they loved them. One gal who thinks who has only ordered my lemon cakes as her favorite lala cake thought these were even better.
The traditional praline recipe has loads of sugar, but we’re not going to do that, as I’ve figured out how to make these keto friendly.
Just seeing a picture of the keto praline cupcakes says everything. They are even better tasting.
We are going to find a very low-carb solution, using butter, cream, black strap molasses, an egg yolk and Swerve! It works and it’s delicious!
Vanilla Keto Praline Cupcakes Ingredients
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- xanthan gum
- avocado oil
- sour cream
- Tart Liners (makes a tart shaped cupcake, easier to eat, frost and share).
The praline topping is rich, but fits the keto diet perfectly having so much fat.
Try these Keto Cupcakes from Spinach Tiger
Keto Praline Cupcakes
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon black strap molasses
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 180 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients including sweetener. Set aside.
- Mix eggs well, about five minutes.
- Stream in oil.
- Add sour cream and almond milk, vanilla and then add to mixture.
- Add dry mixture and mix on low.
- Spray muffin liners with a gluten free baking spray. You will get 12 large cupcakes or 18 small.
- Use ice cream scoop to scoop evenly into 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Beat egg into heavy cream first to get it incorporated. Add cold butter, black strap molasses to sauce pan on low heat.
- Add sifted Confectioner's Sweetener. Continue stirring on low until mixture boils about five to ten minutes until mixture is thickened.
- Add 1 cup chopped pecans. Immediately spoon over each cupcake.
- Option: Top with a little bit of chopped pecans for extra garnish.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo