I am reposting this with a few words for you, as this is the most different Easter most of us will ever experience.
We can’t go to church. We can’t gather with our extended families and friends. We can do our best to make it as fun as possible by coloring eggs with whipped cream in a creative fashion. (You can also use shaving cream, if it comes to that).
I’m sending my love and support to you all. Stay strong. My prayer is that you use the time to find the special skills and talents inside you didn’t know you had.
How to Color Eggs with Whipped Cream
These eggs were dipped twice to get deeper hued results.
Did you know you could use whipped cream. It works and the result is very creative.
Coloring the eggs with whipped cream was the most fun I’ve ever had doing Easter eggs. It was unpredictable and the eggs came out so beautiful.
As far as the darker eggs you see in the white bowl above, that was the year we didn’t have pure white eggs, as I get them from an egg farmer and they were either tan or blue. We used them anyway. I chanced it thinking we could do it again if it didn’t work and I could always make deviled eggs. It’s pretty easy to learn how to color Easter eggs with whipped cream. You just let your imagination run wild.
First we made these perfect hard boiled eggs. This means that when we crack them open, they will have tender yellow yolks with no dark ring. They will be easy to peel.
Yes, it was a little unstructured and a little messy. Yes, you should wear disposable gloves (amazon) if food coloring stained hands bothers you.
When You Color Eggs with Whipped Cream, you will always be surprised.
No, you can’t predict what the eggs will turn out like.
Tips for Coloring Eggs with Whipped Cream
You could use any kind of food coloring.
- You can use a baking dish or a bowl. Fill it with whipped cream.
- Add two to four colors (we used neon food coloring) and then gently swirl with a toothpick. Let the eggs sit for 10 to 20 minutes. You can take them out of the bowl with the colored cream still on them and set them into an empty egg carton.
- Be careful not to mix too many colors or you’ll have some dark grey or muddy eggs. If that happens, just pour some coloring over those and experiment.
- Wash whipped cream off with water.
- You might want to use disposable gloves or you’ll have stained hands. I did this with little boys. We didn’t care how much of a mess we made. You might want to put newspaper or pet pads on the table first.
- Use empty egg cartons to store your eggs.
Make sure you don’t over-mix your colors. They should look like this.
This is how white eggs will color. So pretty!
We got so carried away, we did a few eggs a few different times, which resulted in the spectacular dark ones.
Once we ran out of whipped cream, we really got creative and just started dipping eggs in colored water or pouring some food coloring straight over the eggs.
For regular coloring of eggs, I put some white vinegar in a jar of water and added in food color. Dip and color. Simple.
I had no firm plan, lots of experimenting which is what this kind of fun in the kitchen calls for.
Coloring Eggs with Whipped Cream is now an Easter Tradition
These are our 2018 eggs and the results were amazing.
Don’t forget to make easy hard boiled eggs, recipe here.
You might also enjoy HOW TO COLOR COCONUT
You might also enjoy HOW TO COLOR SUGAR
MAKE THESE RECIPES WITH HARD BOILED EGGS
How to Color Eggs for Easter with Whipped Cream (Video)
- 1 dozen eggs preferably white
- 1 large carton whipped such as Cool Whip
- Food Coloring
- Make hard boiled eggs (Recipe Here)
- Empty container of Cool Whip type whipped cream into a 8 x 8 baking dish. It needs to be high enough to be able to sit the eggs in on one side. You can turn them over after about 10 minutes.
- You can turn the eggs and let them sit again. You have to play around, but once you get it, you'll make these every year.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
Disclosure: This site contains Amazon Affiate links which earn a small commission but does not increase the cost.