Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Homemade Pizza is amazing.It has whatever it is that keeps brussels sprouts lovers, well brussels sprouts lovers. As far as bacon, I need to say nothing, except feel free to change this up with pancetta.
I’m not a fan of red tomato sauce on pizza. I know that sounds crazy, and I may make an exception to this for a pepperoni pizza if I’m in the mood for that. Most of the time I like fresh vegetable or fruit combinations and not a ton of cheese.
You can put as much cheese as you like, I like to just make sure most of the brussels sprouts are covered. Add a few on top just to get that crispy brussels sprouts thing going.
I might add this as an option: Before you put the brussels sprouts on, add a layer of fig jam or apple jelly for a little surprise sweetness. Be bold, you might even go with something cherry or berry.
This is the pizza everyone loves and fights over the last piece!
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pizza Video
- Pizza Dough enough for 2 10-inch pizzas
- 20 brussels sprouts
- 2 shallots diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 strips bacon cooked, cut crosswise
- Course corn meal
- Preheat oven to 450-500 degrees F.
- Heat cast iron griddle or baking stone for twenty minutes.
- Sprinkle pizza peel with corn meal (or use parchment paper and corn meal). The corn meal helps prevent dough from sticking.
- Thinly slice brussels sprouts, holding onto the stems.
- Saute brussels sprouts, garlic, shallots in 1 tablespoon olive oil, until wilted.
- Put brussels sprouts mixture on dough.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, on lowest rack of oven.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo