It has been way too long since I’ve talked about pizza, but now I just may overload you.
I recently got out Marcella Hazan’s Pizza Dough recipe and then got a little pizza crazy. We’ve been making pizza every day. I love playing the the dough and we even made a video making dough and will be embedding a video of this pizza here as soon as we clear the music copyright.
I’m always giving Retro Rose a lecture about eating too much pizza, trying to get her to cut down on the grains, but ask me how I’m doing with that. You know she was the first to arrive at my most recent pizza party, but while she sticks to the traditional, I like unusual toppings, and I tend to play around with fruit a lot.
Pears and prosciutto are a natural together, and last year I made prosciutto pear amuse bouche. That same combination with cheese and honey on a crispy, chewy pizza crust is even better.
Now this a pizza of two lives. It could almost be a dessert pizza because of the honey and the pears. However, it could just as easily be a main course pizza or an appetizer pizza. That’s up to you.
Pear and Fig Jam Pizza on the grill
Pear Prosciutto Goat Cheese Pizza
- Pizza Dough Recipe found here
- 2 Bosc Pear thinly sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 8 thinly sliced pieces prosciutto
- 4 Tablespoons goat cheese
- Roll out pizza dough
- Arrange mozzarella cheese almost to the ends of dough
- Cover with pears
- Tear prosciutto and place intermittently
- Add in some goat cheese in small amounts, intermittenly
- Put pizza on heavy cast iron griddle or stone that has been preheated.
- Place on bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake at 450 or 500 degrees F for 6-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper out of the oven.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo