Christmas Apple Pie
If you’re like me, you’re still thinking about what to serve on Christmas and you’re in need of stocking gifts.
I love the looks (and taste) of this Christmas Apple Pie. I’ve taken my original recipe and spiced it up a bit with a berry jelly, and a few Christmas cookie cutters.
But, first I want to show you this knife sharpener, which will fit perfectly in a stocking for your favorite cook.
How to Make a Beautiful Christmas Apple Pie
When I make an apple pie, I really like to play around with the dough and make the dessert look really special. All you need for this is Christmas Tree cookie cutters, and a bit of bright red jam or jelly. You could even sprinkle colored sugar on the top.
You may also like these apple pies.
- !Pie Dough
- 8 cups sliced granny smith apples
- ½ cup sugar
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- ½ cup berry jelly or ½ cup homemade cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- raw sugar or colored sugar for garnish
- Prepare pie crust, wrap in plastic, refrigerate for one hour.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves together.
- Peel, slice apples.
- Toss apples in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the flavored sugar. Toss and mix well. Allow to sit out for 30 minutes.
- Toss with jelly.If you have time, refrigerate overnight.
- Roll out pie dough and put bottom in pie pan. Use a fork to pierce bottom in several places.
- Put in freezer while making the decorative cut outs.
- Roll remaining pie dough. Cut out Christmas tree shapes.
- Freeze for ten minutes. This is not necessary, but makes placement easier.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put apples into pie pan. Cover with Christmas trees.
- Brush with milk,
- Sprinkle raw sugar or colored sugar.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes at 400 degrees F.