World’s Best Blueberry Pie Recipe
Blueberry crumb pie might be my favorite way to make blueberry pie. It’s the sweet crunch against the tart berry and that little hint of cinnamon that reminds me of coffee cake that makes this so perfectly wonderful.
Three ago I took three children to the blueberry farm behind my house and although the heat was a bit dreadful, we managed to gather four pounds of blueberries and come home and make pies. Everyone had their hands in the rolling, stirring and assembling. We made blueberry crumb pie.
We have gone back every year, a tradition we look forward to. We picked over five pounds today, and I’ve written some tips here for how to have a successful blueberry picking and how to store them.
Baking Blueberry Crumb Pie with Fresh Blueberries
I have a recipe for blueberry pie filling pie filling that requires cooking, but this was made much more simply, just fresh berries, tapioca and a little sugar thrown into a pie crust and
Blueberries are everywhere in my kitchen, as I’ve already been five times to the Golden Bell Blueberry Farm. I also made blueberry buttermilk muffins with cinnamon top, and a real favorite, my blueberry thyme biscuits
A favorite recent blueberry recipe is this blueberry thyme galette.
I’ve made dessert with blueberries so many times, I’ve created a post dedicated to my seven favorite ways to make blueberry pie.
Please take a minute and check out all of my blueberry recipes. I’ve posted a few below. Connect with me on instagram for more food pictures and more.
You Might Love this:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ brown sugar or raw sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup tapioca
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Make pie dough according to instructions. You won't use all of it. Use remaining for hand pies or to make two pies or instead of making crumb, use to top pies.
- Mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt together. Mix with butter.
- Wash blueberries. Drain. Mix gently with lemon, zest, sugar, tapioca.
- Roll out pie dough in circle. Put in pie pan. Fork holes in bottom. Pour in blueberries. Top with crumb topping.
- Bake for 40 -50 minutes at 400 degrees.