I’m using this s’mores recipe for the Creative Cooking Crew’s chocolate theme, which I got to pick this month. I could have gone super fancy with something like this, but I think the most creative dish is often the one that is simple but not usual.
When I was in France last year, I had a cooking lesson making a chocolate tart with lots of freshly grated ginger and that was my inspiration for a tortilla s’mores ginger chocolate pizza.
Before I get to the s’mores recipe, I have tell you about Retro Rose’s latest chat, because maybe you’ve had a hard week like I have and need some humor.
I just got off the phone with Retro Rose (my mom). Tears streaming down my cheeks. From Laughter.
She started telling me about a man named Joe who rented a room in her house about 20 years ago. She found porn on his computer, although I don’t know how, because she doesn’t know how to turn a computer on. She took a look and without hesitation, she threw the computer from the second floor back window into the yard.
Then she called the police, her pastor, and her therapist.
In other words she called on her people, her community, her strength tribe.
As I was picturing the computer being flung from a room that I used to sleep in, taking with it all the things she considered unsavory, I couldn’t stop laughing. She really should have her own reality TV show. He and his computer were quickly history.
Just think of how Retro Rose could inspire women to deal with certain issues, instead of looking the other way. She could have taught Hillary a thing or two, and yes, she would have been pitching things onto the white house lawn. She would be a hit on youtube!
Makes me wonder about I handle things when I feel someone has crossed the line. I only remember once in my life getting crazy to that extent, but I’ve never thrown things out of the second floor window.
While, I’m wondering what I would do, I’m going to sweeten life up a bit with a twist on a childhood favorite.
Tortilla S’mores with Gingered Chocolate
If you’ve never considered using tortillas for dessert, you are missing out, especially this s’mores recipe. The tortilla is covered in graham cracker crumbs, topped with gingered chocolate and of course, marshmallows. It’s simple. It’s easy. It’s fun.
I used raw tortillas, but you can use store-bought ones, as I tested them both ways. Try it with ice cream and crunchy graham crackers. Or for another twist, use nutella. You might find more fun ways to make this, and I’d like to hear about that.
S’mores ala Mode
Tortilla S'mores Dessert
- 1 large raw tortilla can use store bought already cooked
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs from crackers 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup mini-marshmallows
- Preheat broil on low.
- Beat egg white with a fork until frothy. Add in a tablespoon water.
- Make graham cracker crumbs from graham crackers, either in food processor or manually (plastic bag) and rolling pin. The rolling pin method will provide bigger crumbs but that's okay.
- Heat a stick free pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Divide graham cracker crumbs in half.
- Dip tortilla into egg white and then graham cracker crumbs.
- Fry in non-stick pan, about one minute on each side.
- Transfer to flat baking sheet.
- Add chocolate, ginger.
- Add enough of remaining graham cracker crumbs as sprinkles. (may not use all).
- Top with marshmallows.
- Broil on low for 2-3 minutes or until just golden brown. Check at each minute.
- Cut into 4 servings.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
Some of my Favorite Chocolate Desserts
Chocolate Cake with a video