This site contains Amazon affiliate links which earn a small commission, but does not affect price.
I know right about now several weeks after Christmas, you need a sweet treat and I have something you’re going to love. Sugar free coconut cake using Swerve’s Vanilla Box Cake Mix will be just the thing to celebrate winter.
You can choose to make sugar free coconut cupcakes or a one sugar free coconut layer cake. The frosting can be a buttercream or a cream cheese coconut frosting using Swerve’s confectioner’s sugar. I replaced the water with coconut milk, used unsweetened coconut flakes, and a little bit of coconut extract.
What is Swerve or Who is Swerve?
Swerve is powdered erythritol that comes granulated and confectioner’s texture. I write about it a lot because it’s what I make all my keto friendly low-carb desserts with. It does not spike blood sugar and passes through the body without any carb or calorie count. Swerve is a tiny company in New Orleans, working very hard to bring really delicious sugar free options for people avoiding sugar, for diabetics and for those following the keto or low-carb diet.
Can I tell you something? I lost five pounds in the last year eating dessert every night like this sugar free coconut cake.
What is the Swerve Vanilla Box Cake Mix?
You can find these at your local grocery store or on-line at Amazon.
Is the Swerve Vanilla Box Cake Keto?
The changes to the box cake mix add 23 calories, 1 carb and 2 fat grams to the recipe. This does not include the frosting.
Some question the use of tapioca flour. It is minimal adding under 7 carbs for the whole cake mix. Carolyn at All Day Long I Dream About Food answers this thoroughly at this post, and gives some additional thoughts on the Keto diet. She also has a killer Ding Dong Cake using the Swerve Chocolate Box Cake Mix.
If you want to make these cupcakes from scratch without tapioca scratch , I have a sugar free, grain free coconut cupcake recipe here.
More Swerve Box Cake Hacks
Keto Texas Sheet Cake (Using Serve Chocolate Cake Mix)
- 1 box Swerve Vanilla Cake Mix ORDER HERE
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (replaces water)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste or extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract (see notes)
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut (see notes)
- dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- !Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Here
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare pan with parchment paper if making one layer cake or add paper liners to muffin pan.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, ½ cup coconut, coconut extract, sour cream oil, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add Cake Box Mix and mix well.
- Pour into pan or cupcake liners.
- Bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes (longer for a one layer cake).
- Frost with this Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Go Lightly. Top with remaining coconut. You
Regarding coconut flakes. You might want to use more than ½ cup topping. It's according to your taste.