Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Frittata
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is one delicious appetizer. And, a healthy snack. Prosciutto de Parma is salty, a tiny tiny bit sweet, and so deeply flavorful that it lingers on your taste buds. Asparagus is a beloved spring joy, so much so it is exploding in food blog world.
My family has traditionally always made Asparagus frittata on top of the stove. This dates back generations, and was prepared as a side dish. Today, I decided to add a bit of zip and first roast the asparagus with prosciutto and also to line a cast iron pan to further add a layer of savory. The result is a meal unto itself, or a fabulous addition to Easter Brunch.
Make Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Frittata on top of the stove or in the oven.
You can choose to make it on top of the stove as I did here, or you can bake it in the oven as I did here. Or you can start on the top of stove and finish in the oven. Frittatas are very personal, and you have to find the method that works for you and your particular taste.
Make this prosciutto wrapped frittata by lining a pan with thinly sliced prosciutto. Overlap it a bit more than you see here so the egg does not run through to the bottom.
Roast asparagus with prosciutto for about ten minutes at 400 degrees.
Arrange asparagus in one direction and use some asparagus not wrapped.
You can see the prosciutto on the bottom gets nice and crispy. Serve at room temperature.
Cut into prosciutto wrapped asparagus frittata into wedges, serve with crusty bread, for brunch, lunch, dinner or take on a picnic.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Frittata for Easter Brunch
- 10-12 Eggs
- 12 Asparagus stems with ends trimmed cut in different heights to fit size of the pan
- 12-15 slices of prosciutto sliced very thinly
- Extra virgin oil
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 cup heavy cream can use milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wrap 8 asparagus with prosciutto (a few more for snacking) Toss the asparagus that is not wrapped with a little olive oil.
- Roast all of the asparagus together at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Check at 8 minutes, asparagus need not be cooked through, and should still be plump. If you over roast, it will be stringy
- Beat eggs, add cream, cheese, salt, pepper.
- Line baking dish or cast iron pan (I used 9 1/2 “)
- Add egg mixture; arrange asparagus and bake for 30-35 minutes at 375. You might want a crispier top and can put under broiler for a few minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
More Frittatas from Spinach Tiger
Sausage Ricotta Spinach Frittata
Sweet Potato Frittata with Sage Sausage
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit
and sources back to your website? My website is in the very same niche
as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from some of the information you present here.
Please let me know if this ok with you. Appreciate it!
Sweet blog! I found it whilе surfing around on Yɑʏoo News.
Dօ you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve
been trying for a whilе but I never seem to get there!