This might be the last of the buttermilk recipes for a while, but don’t hold me to that. Blueberry buttermilk pie is like a pudding pie, not to be mistaken for chess pie, which is much too sweet for my taste. You can use fresh blueberries, which are in abundance right now, or you can use frozen.
Buttermilk screams southern, comfort, home, and goodness. The mere mention of buttermilk makes people feel good.
This is a fun summer pie, perfect for July 4th. You can top it with some whipped cream if you like.
Did you know that you an make your own buttermilk for this blueberry buttermilk pie?
Here is an amazing and comprehensive guide to making and cooking with buttermilk. giving y
Blueberry Buttermilk Pie
Here are the most recent recipes using buttermilk.
Buttermilk Salad Dressing for this salad
The all time favorite buttermilk recipe here at Spinach Tiger is and probably always be these Southern Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits.
I hope you take a minute to subscribe to Spinach Tiger and never miss a recipe. Never miss a picture and connect with me on Instagram where I post delicious beautiful food twice a day.
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pie crust recipe
- Add sugar and lemon juice to blueberries. Set aside.
- Blend together, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla flour and butter.
- Poke bottom of prepared pie shell with a fork.
- Pour blueberries into prepared pie shell.
- Pour buttermilk mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake at 350 until top is golden brown between 40 and 50 minutes.