Did you know that sometimes two completely different things make one perfect thing? When you put a mango and a grapefruit together, it’s magic, and a burst of different texture and flavor that accompanies shrimp splendidly.
I developed this recipe for shrimp tacos for Tortilla Land a few years ago, and thought it was time to share this recipe with you. I used raw tortillas (which by now you know I prefer), but you could of course, use your own favorite tortilla.
I’ve used shrimp, but you could substitute with grilled fish, fried fish or even spicy chicken.
My Favorite Shrimp Taco Recipe
First I marinated the shrimp and then grilled them.
Marinate shrimp in olive oil, lime juice and salt. Don’t over marinate or the shrimp will become mushy. Feel free to add in a touch of cilantro.
Now it’s just a matter of what cocktail you’ll be serving this shrimp taco recipe. Last week I made this amazing avocado margarita that would be just perfect. Or perhaps a mango sangria is your choice.
Please let me know if you have a cocktail that would pair well with these tacos.
It means a lot to get to know you. Please connect with me on Instagram for more food and drink pictures, and more that don’t make it here.
More Taco Recipes from Spinach Tiger
Mango Grapefruit Shrimp Taco
- 1 pound grilled or sautéed shrimp see below
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Mango grapefruit avocado salsa see below
- 4 raw flour tortillas or pre-made
- cilantro or basil garnish
- 1 pound shrimp peeled with vein removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime salt and pepper
Grapefruit Mango Salsa Ingredients
- 2 mangoes peeled, cubed
- 1 ruby red or pink grapefruit cut into small bite sized sections with membrane removed
- 1/2 large red onion finely diced
- 1 to 2 Serrano or jalapeno peppers, very finely diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil can use cilantro
Instructions for Shrimp
- Toss with olive oil and lime juice. Refrigerate for one to four hours.
- To Grill: Grill shrimp on medium high heat for a 2-3 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- To Pan fry: Put tablespoon oil in frying pan. Fry shrimp two minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, honey together. Set aside. Toss mango, onion, diced pepper and grapefruit together with olive oil, vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for two hours minimum up to overnight. Cube avocado and add to salsa right before serving.
- To Plate: Cook raw tortillas according to instructions, 30 seconds on each side. Place cabbage on tortilla. Toss salsa with avocado. Taste to season. Cook TortillaLand® Flour tortillas according to instructions, approximately 30 seconds on each side with no oil, until they puff up and lightly brown. To assemble, layer cabbage, shrimp and salsa. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped basil or cilantro. Fold.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo