Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes with Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These are the star of any party, and so simple to make since I’ve partnered with OXO, a brand you all know by now that I totally love, as my kitchen is full of their very practical, functional and affordable products. They supplied the Baker’s Decorating Tool, Muffin Pan for this post. All opinions are my own. These are awesome products.
Oxo is Donating Money to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer in exchange for recipe post of Peanut Butter Cupcakes
I baked these in honor of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Oxo will be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post (up to their $100,000 commitment*). I participated last year with these amazing salted chocolate caramel cookie bars and was happy to do it again.
In order to participate, Oxo allowed me to choose from a few different sets of baking products. I chose the muffin/cupcake set and I’m glad I did. To my great surprise I also ended up falling in love with their silicone muffin cups (using them to freeze pesto, and to bake these keto egg biscuits. I was so impressed with the silicone, I ordered a set for a friend (Nothing sticks and they are easy to wash, unlike many other silicone cups).
The Oxo muffin pan is a commercial grade that has easy clean release and square rolled edges making it easy to take out of a hot oven without putting my pot holder in a cupcake! It does not come with the silicone cups. They are sold separately.
The OXO Baker’s Decorator Tool comes with two couplers, six stainless large and small tips and a tip for filling cupcakes. .The unique trigger provides a smooth stream of icing for clean lines, and the comfortable handles ensure a steady grip and protect icing from warm hands.
I was inspired by the filling tip and decided to fill my chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.
You can also make this recipe with a piping bag.
The Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes Process
This couldn’t be easier. You can use the larger end of the tip to remove some of the cupcake, then just fill away. Or you can just fill without removing any cupcake. I removed some because I wanted a lot of filling.
You can see I played around quite a bit with the various tips.
There are two kinds here. I made a combination of gluten free chocolate cupcakes and regular chocolate cupcakes. I used the OXO Decorator Tool to fill and to frost. There’s a low carb chocolate cupcake version here.
Peanut Butter Filed Cupcakes
My Regular Chocolate Fudge Cupcake is one of the most popular here at Spinach Tiger.
The Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cupcake is wonderful and that recipe is here along with a chocolate fudge frosting.
The regular Chocolate Fudge Cupcake is incredible, but makes 4 dozen cupcakes (great for parties). I’ve listed it here again making only two dozen mid-sized cupcakes for your convenience.
The Peanut Butter Frosting recipe is here.
The Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe
You can make this easy chocolate ganache recipe a few different ways.
It all depends on how thick or how glossy you want it. If you want it glossy, you add butter. I tend to not add butter unless I’m making a cake. Instead I use a high fat chocolate (70%).
Use 8 ounces of high quality chocolate for every cup of heavy cream. If using butter, use 1 tablespoon.
In this recipe, I halved that and had enough because I didn’t use a lot of the ganache, relying more on the frosting.
Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- This recipe needs:
- 1 dozen Chocolate Cupcakes see notes
- Gluten Free Chocolate cupcakes can be found here
- Peanut butter frosting recipe found here
- Chocolate Ganache recipe below
- Mini Peanut butter cups for garnish
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups plus two tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 4 ounces high quality dark chocolate I use 70% cacao
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter optional, see notes
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Flour, Salt, cocoa powder, baking soda. Set Aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Add in eggs, one at a time and beat each for one minute.
- Add all dry ingredients and milk to the mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into cupcake lines.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Test with cookie tester which should come out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
- Make Chocolate Ganache
- Chop chocolate in small pieces and put in small bowl.
- Heat cream on medium low heat until bubbling.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate. Allow to sit for five minutes.
- If you are using butter, add 1 tablespoon, make sure it is softened and add now.
- Using a circular motion, stir, and continue to stir until completely smooth.
- To : Completely cool. Use a cupcake corer to make room for filling.
- Top with a thin layer of chocolate ganache. Allow to set for about 15 minutes.
- Add a small dollop of peanut butter frosting and a peanut butter cup for garnish.
Regarding the chocolate ganache, a little goes a long way.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
Just amazing! Loved it and i like your explanation in your cake recipe!
Thanks for Sharing this recipe.
These look wonderful!!!