As soon as Fall hits, I start craving apple pie, apple muffins and apple cake. This easy to make keto friendly low-carb apple crumb cake checks all the boxes for my craving.
This low carb apple crumb cake is keto friendly, grain free, gluten free and absolutely delicious. In fact, it’s so good, it was served at my husband’s men’s group and as they finished it, one of the guys wanted the recipe.
Buttery apples are baked inside the cake and blanketed with a cinnamon crunchy topping. This is a low carb breakfast or dessert treat.
There is an extra special flavor using a golden monk fruit/erythritol blend that is similar to a light brown sugar. Don’t worry if you are using a different sweetener; it will still be good.
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Xanthan Gum
- Baking Powder
- Swerve Granulated
- Avocado Oil
- Baking Powder
- Sour Cream
- Cranberries Sauce (Cinnamon, Orange Zest, Swerve)
- Choc Zero White Chocolate Chips
You can also make these into 12 muffins. This recipe makes one 8 inch pan and 4 muffins.
- Peel Apples. Chop. Sauté in 4 ounces butter (1 stick or 1/2 cup) with cinnamon and sweetener. NOTE: You do not cook the apples until done. Melt the butter with the sweetener and cinnamon, some lemon juice and then add apples in to toss. They will cook inside the cake.
- Beat eggs in mixer, until whipped well.
- Add half of the dry ingredients, followed by all of the apple mixture
- Add remaining mixture. Add vanilla.
- Fill pan 2/3 full. Use remaining batter to make muffins. (I make one 8 inch cake pan and four muffins).
- Top with a crumb mixture made with butter, almond flour, sweetener and cinnamon.
- Bake until inside middle registers at 207 degrees F. ( approx.20 minutes for muffins, 30 minutes for cake).
8 net carbs, 30 gram fat per serving. (12 servings per recipe).
Low Carb Recipes Using Apples and Pears
- Low Carb Apple Muffin Recipe with a Butter Glaze
- Low Carb Apple Upside Down Cake
- Low Carb Italian Pear Cake
- Grain Free Apple Almond Tart
- Keto Spiced Pear Cheesecake Tart (can use apples or pears)
Low Carb Apple Crumb Cake
Ingredients for Apple Mixture
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Swerve granulated
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Coffeecake Cinnamon Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 convection bake or bake.
- Peel apples and slice thinly.
- Prepare pan. Add parchment to bottom and spray including sides of pan.
- Put first five dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside,
- Add eggs to mixing bowl you are using for cake. Beat until frothy, about five minutes.
- In a frying pan, melt butter with cinnamon, sweetener, vanilla. Add apples and toss in buttery mixture. Turn off stove. The apples will continue to cook inside the cake.
- Add half of the dry ingredients mixture to eggs while mixer is on medium.
- Add the entire apple mixture with all the melted butter.
- Add remaining dry mixture. Pour into prepared pan and muffin liners.
- Top with crumble (below).
- Bake in an 8 or 9 inch cake pan 25-30 minutes. You will have batter left over to make 3 to 4 muffins. Bake muffins 20 minutes. Cake and muffins are done when the inside is at 207 degrees F.
Cinnamon Crumble Topping
- Add almond flour, Swerve, cinnamon together in separate bowl.
- Add butter and mix with hands to make crumble.
- Mix Confectioner's Sweetener with water (or heavy cream) adding a tablespoon at a time until you have a glaze thin enough to drizzle.
- Flavor with maple extract. Add just 2 or 3 drops to glaze for a maple flavor.
- Drizzle Glaze after cake has cooled OR You could just sprinkle with confectioner's sweetener.
How to Freeze
- Muffins freeze well. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap. Take out to defrost about an hour in advance.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo