You are going to love this keto orange cranberry bread, and it’s perfect for Christmas morning. Made with a fresh orange, fresh cranberries, it has a sweet and tart zing that brings brightness in the winter time. When cranberry season arrives, I buy several bags and freeze so I can make this throughout the year.
You might recall the muffin version for this, and now I want to show you how to turn this same recipe into two little loaves.
Use a Whole Orange in this Recipe
Cut an orange in quarters and boil until softened 20-30 minutes. Once cooled this will go into your batter. Trust me on this. Your orange cranberry bread will be just right, moist and sweet with tart from the cranberries.
This screams holiday season for me and it’s quite pretty too.
Ingredients for Keto Orange Cranberry Bread
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Avocado Oil
- Xanthan Gum
- Fine Redmond Sea Salt
- Swerve Granulated
- Fresh Cranberries
Why do I Make 2 Small Loaves instead of One Large Loaf?
I use these small loaf pans because almond flour tends to burn and get a little crusty if baked too long. Baking one large loaf may brown too much while cooking the necessary 45-50 minutes for a large loaf. Baking in smaller loaf pans only takes 25-30 minutes and each will yield 10 slices. The other loaf is perfect for the freezer or a friend.
Tips for Making Keto Orange Cranberry Bread
- Beat eggs first until frothy
- Add olive oil in slow stream
- Add a cup of the orange mixture.
- Mix all dry ingredients well before adding in.
- Do a taste test. Microwave 20 seconds one teaspoon of batter.
- Use parchment paper.
- Bake small loaves.
- Cool completely before glazing.
How to Make Glaze for Keto Orange Cranberry Bread
You will need a powdered sugar/sweetener to make the glaze. If you don’t have that on hand, you can take your erythritol of choice (such as Swerve or Lakanto) and put it in a super blender, such as a Vitamix, to grind it down to a powder. Mix with orange juice or water slowly, a teaspoon at a time, to about 1/2 cup powdered sweetener until you get the right consistency that you can drizzle. Make sure you drizzle over a cooled orange cranberry bread.
What Sweetener do I use for Keto Baking?
I use Swerve, a powdered erythritol. Read my article here on why I chose Swerve.
Macros for Orange Cranberry Bread
I already know people will write me and tell me this is not keto friendly because I’m using an orange and cranberries. Twenty servings from one orange and one cup of cranberries results in 2 net carbs a slice.
Total Carbs 5 g Fiber 3 g Net Carbs 2 g Calories 131 Fat 11 g Protein 5 g
More Orange Cake Recipes from Spinach Tiger
Take a look at my Amazon recommendations for what I really use in my kitchen! As an affiliate I earn a small commission.
Keto Orange Cranberry Bread
- Bread Pans
- Vitamix Blender (Or super blender)
- Baking Sheet
Preparation for Orange Cranberry Bread
- 1 large navel orange
Wet Ingredient Group
Glaze Icing Option
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener see notes
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Spray liners with baking spray. This batter may make more than 12 depending on the liners you are using.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Keep on bake, not convection bake if oven has that mode to keep from browning, but it's fine to use a convection oven too.
- Wash Navel orange and trim off the bottom, if necessary.
- Cut into quarters. Put in cold water. Bring to boil for 30 minutes. Drain. Reserve 1/4 cup water.
- Add to Vitamix or super blender. Pulse until you have a texture of course puree, with a little bit of zest showing. You may need to add a little of the reserved water in bottom of blender. Set aside to cool. This can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. It can also be made ahead and frozen.
- Reserve a tablespoon of orange mixture for the glaze.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, Swerve granulated. Set aside.
- Beat eggs for five minutes. I use my whipping wand.
- Slowly stream in oil.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add orange mixture to batter.
- Add dry mixture beating on low.
- Use an Ice cream scoop to scoop batter onto each liner.
- Bake for 15 to 22 minutes depending on what liner you use.
- Mix orange juice, water with Swerve Confectioner's for sugar free (or confectioner's of your choice, until you get a consistency you can drizzle. Drizzle over each muffin or on cranberry orange bread.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo