I’m starting to wind down my peach recipes, but do go back and see everything we have put out this week. It’s been a peach festival extravaganza.
Let me remind you of my peach tips. You can freeze peaches.
You can peel peaches easily.
A gluten free peach pie, so delicious and so summery, made with fresh peaches only longs for a little vanilla ice cream
You can make this with an all-purpose crust, (recipe here) or make it my gluten free tart crust here, gluten free pie crust here.
The difference between the tart crust and the pie crust is that the tart crust is a little firmer.
I have often made this into a tart because I find it can be made prettier that way, but it can also be made in a pie pan or in individual tart pans. Last year I made these gluten free muffin pan hand pies.
It seems that the longer you allow the peaches to macerate in its own juices, the more caramelized the peaches will get.
The Gluten Free Peach Tart is a great Summer Holiday Dessert!
You can also make these in small tart sizes.
A Gluten Free Peach Tart that is also Grain free is possible with an Almond Flour Tart Crust
I also have a grain free tart crust that is absolutely delicious, made with almond flour that is coming up soon. (Two cups almond flour, 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 egg yolk), 1 tablespoon Swerve.) (amazon).
No matter which pie crust you decide to use, everyone will love this. Don’t forget the ice cream!
- Make Pie Dough, wrap in plastic, refrigerate.
- Cut an x across bottom of each peach. (for peeling later).
- Immerse peaches in large pot boiling water.
- Boil for about a minute. Remove. Cool. Peel.
- Slice peaches.
- Toss with , lemon juice and corn starch (or instant tapioca).
- Allow to sit overnight or on counter for a few hours.
- Drain juice. Use reserve juice for other recipes.
- Taste peaches. Adjust for sweetness.
- Take pie dough out 15 minutes before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll and put dough into pan.
- You can either make a lattice topping or cut out topping as seen here.
- Spritz with water. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 and bake 30 to 35 minutes longer, less if using tart pan. You may need to cover the crust with foil to avoid burning. I use these covers.
- Cool completely.