Red Beet Vitamix Smoothie Made with Raw Beets
My grandfather always used to say in his Italian accent, “eata youra beets, they are a good for youra blood.” He always told me that carrots were good for my eyes and beets were good for my blood. He was from Sicily, and at the time, I thought maybe he just thought beets were good for the blood because they are so red.
The day he died I was home alone with him and my younger brother. I was 10 years old, and as sad as it was, I have a good memory about that weekend. The night before he died, we had red beets and fish. He sat at usual spot, at the head of the table, and I passed my beets down to him. I, along with many people, didn’t know how good beets can taste, because the beets we ate were canned. I grew up and started making my own beets, and discovered my grandfather was right.
Beets are good for your blood and an often overlooked super food, which, when prepared properly, can turn a bad beet experience around.
The proof of how good this is in the video! Kids love it, and you know we all think kids hate anything healthy. How untrue! This is now a few years old and the boys aren’t as shy but they are still drinking smoothies.
The Red Drink was born after the green drink became popular in our home! A days ago we made our first red drink in the Vitamix and I’ll admit, I was a little cautious. The green smoothie has become so popular around here that I didn’t know if I could switch it up a bit. Then last week, I saw a show that highlighted the benefits of beet drinks.
The Red Beet Vitamix Smoothie Recipe has the healthiest ingredients.
I got out the kale, apple, orange and a handful of strawberries to see if it would taste good. This drink was astoundingly popular because it tastes so good.
Ditch Juice: Involve Children in the Process of Making Healthy Smoothies
I spend my time concerned about my health and the boys’ health. I stopped buying juice this year because I think they have no real benefit for children. They stimulate a sweet tooth and contain empty calories. I decided that if they are going to drink juice, it’s going to be in whole food form with ingredients I can trust.
The beauty in preparation is that they help me pick out the fruits and vegetables and they put them into the machine. They press the button. They get involved and this is part of the experience. I hope one day, they are doing this same thing for their children.
At first, I was surprised that they would enjoy the green smoothie or the red drink, but they plead with me every day to make the green and red drinks. I thought I would have to convince them, but they ended up convincing me and proving that whole foods in their natural form are just better!
How good does this red beet Vitamix Smoothie look?
This gives us big people something to ponder. Do we prejudice kids with our own food view and do them a disservice? Probably so, even me, who tends to love all good red, green and yellow food from the ground.
Drinking raw beets is the closest thing to a cocktail without the alcohol. It’s powerful, and no wonder. It’s not just an anti-oxidant; it’s a SUPER ANTI-OXIDANT.
This is made with RAW beets, which have more anti-oxidant power than cooked beets.
I knew that when I made this raw beet salad.
Take a little time to read the benefits of red beets and just imagine how happy your body will be with this beautiful elixer.
Ten Benefits of Beets and the Red Beet Smoothie
- Beets are a super food, a super anti-oxidant that fights cancer and reduces inflammation.
- Beets are good for working out. They improve blood flow, which increases endurance during a workout.
- Beets purifies the blood and cleanse the liver.
- Beets have been proven to lower blood pressure and reverse hypertension.
- Beets help to deliver oxygen to the parts of your body that need it, even the brain.
- Beets may have an aphrodisiac effect as they contain high amounts of boron, related to the production of sex hormones.
- Beets are high in fiber, high in vitamin C and folic acid, and contain sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron and phosperous!
- Beets contain folic acid aids in physical healing, and is good for pregnant women.
- Beets are good for your mental health, as they contain betain, which aids in depression.
- Beets are the sweetest vegetable, high in good carbs, low in calories and give you the right kind of energy.
If you’re thinking that you don’t like beets, you might just love this. The raw beets are earthy and sweet and the other fruits harmonize with and balance the beet taste. This is the best tasting red beet vitamix smoothie recipe.
People have been asking for the nutrition values so here goes. Just remember this is for two servings, so double it if you drink it all yourself.
- 1 small apple, cored.
- 1 raw red beet, washed, peeled. Only use RAW beets.
- 1 handful berries, frozen
- 1 handful kale (can also use beet greens or spinach)
- ¼ cup pineapple, frozen (optional)
- ½ naval orange peeled
- ½ cup Ice
- ½ cup Iced water
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (optional)
- Layer every ingredient into a vitamix. Make sure you have enough water, but not too much so that the ingredients will mix well.