After several pumpkin spice latte trials, here’s what I learned.
- You can make a healthy pumpkin spice latte, by trading sweeteners for stevia and not using any of sugary flavored syrups. My recipe uses maple syrup or the stevia option with canned pumpkin.
- You can choose your own milk. I use whole milk, but you could sub with coconut milk. I used whipped cream for the topping because it makes a prettier picture, and at 25 calories, I’m good with that, but you can skip the whipped cream.
- You could use chai tea or coffee instead of espresso.
- You can be full on Paleo with coconut milk and maple syrup.
- You can spike it with some Maple Crown Royal, or bourbon by adding that to the coffee. I like this idea. A lot.
- You can make this very kid friendly, by just making steamed pumpkin milk, which was delicious, even for this grown up.
- You can your own pumpkin pie spice.
- You can have this for dessert instead of pumpkin pie, but if you want pumpkin pie, I have you covered.
- You can go totally carb/keto by using heavy cream.
- Fall is a wonderful time for flavors, comfort, sweater days and pumpkin spice latte.
So tell me are still on the pumpkin train or ready to get off? I have about six more weeks in me. It’s sort of pumpkin day every day and then it’s over.
If you have a favorite pumpkin recipe go here and leave it in the comments.
Follow me on facebook; I’m going live from time to time.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 1 shot espresso or coffee
- 1/2 cup milk steamed
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or 1 teaspoon powdered erythritol.
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream optional
- Make espresso
- Steam milk. This can be done either with espresso machine or heating milk first and frothing in blender or magic bullet.
- Mix pumpkin puree and maple syrup (or swerve), pumpkin pie spice and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Add this to the steamed milk and stir well.
- Pour espresso. Add in steamed milk. Add whipped cream (optional)
- Garnish with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice or freshly ground nutmeg.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo