I flew out of bed today realizing I had forgotten all about the Secret Recipe Club. I had the recipe for baked naan already bookmarked, and I sure picked the right recipe to get a post up within the hour. I used Spelt flour which gave the naan a nutty flavor. We poured melted butter and enjoyed our own homemade naan.
The Secret Recipe Club assigns us a blog each month. We choose one of their recipes and do a link up all at the same time. I chose delicious baked Naan from My Hobbie Lobbie. I almost made Paratha and Beef Mince, but making my own naan is very new for me. Who knew something we love so much was this easy.
Trisha is very happily married to a man who is her rock. She shines when she talks about him. She’s also started another blog called Claire’s Party Supplies. Crafting is one of her loves. She grew up under great cooks and has a passion for recipes. I had a lot of fun going from one to the next trying to find food that was different for me, something to challenge me. My husband loves Naan and this is going to be a happy morning for him.
A few cooking notes: At first I tried to pan fry in my cast iron griddle (no oil) and they didn’t rise. I then followed the directions and put them under the broil on the low setting. Worked like a charm. Depending on how thick you roll them out, it’s 1-2 minutes each side. At first I was rolling them out a little too thickly and it was 2 minutes. Eventually, I started rolling a little thinner and they charred at 2 minutes, so watch your broiler carefully. I also cut the oil in half.
Baked Naan with Spelt Flour
- 500 grams all purpose flour I used spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil original recipe has 4 tablespoons oil
- Mix dry ingredients together set aside.
- Mix together milk and oil.
- Bring together, knead for 8 to 10 minutes or use a Kitchen Aid and knead for a few minutes.
- Put dough in warm bowl, over with towel for 15 minutes.
- Divide in 12 pieces.
- Roll out and broil on baking sheet for approximately 1-2 minutes per side. They will puff up. They will not all fit into oven at same time.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo