Spaghetti with butter is one childhood’s greatest comfort foods. At least it was for me. This might be that bowl of cereal for someone else. There is just something about the bite of good quality pasta with butter, salt and pepper.
Last week during the snow day, I found myself taking buttery spaghetti up a notch by adding peas and bacon when trying to fix a quick lunch. I never make mac and cheese. I didn’t grow up eating mac and cheese, but I did grow up eating buttery spaghetti, and often, it would have peas in it.
The peas add some sweetness and a different texture, and I don’t need to tell you what bacon adds.
Since this is ten minute meal, this is a ten minute post, hoping to inspire you with delicious satisfying faster food that will entice kids to eat and make your busy day easier. For younger kids, use a macaroni pasta like bow ties, but do introduce your family to all kinds of pasta.
Options could include mushrooms, or even toasted breadcrumbs. Instead of parmigiano reggiano, you might consider tossing with goat cheese, or topping with a fried egg. Try adding in some herbs like tarragon (great with the peas) or some Italian parsley.
While it’s not to consider options, the buttery spaghetti with peas and bacon is a great dish just as is.
Ten Minute Buttery Spaghetti with Peas & Bacon
- 1 pound spaghetti or macaroni
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup good quality unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen peas
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- Cook pasta according to directions one minute less in large pot of boiling, salted water.
- While pasta is cooking, fry the bacon. Drain on Paper towels, break into small pieces.
- In frying pan, put butter and olive oil. Drain pasta and add to buttery pan. Add in frozen peas, cook for one minute. Toss with bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmigiano reggiano.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo