Green Chicken Enchiladas might be one of my favorite new Keto, low carb recipes, especially because I used the spinach tortillas, made in the previous recipe, to bring the green home.
When I figured out a fantastic keto tortilla recipe, our low-carb world opened up to more gut sticking recipes, like these salmon tacos, and breakfast burritos.
I was really going for a green dish, and got this brilliant idea to make my own spinach tortillas. I used my grain free tortilla recipe as a starter, adding fresh baby spinach leaves and adding a little more almond flour to soak up the moisture. They were this perfect on the first try.
The Trader Joe’s salsa verde makes this so easy to put together, but you could always make my homemade roasted salsa verde.
I almost feel silly sharing this recipe because it’s incredibly easy and flexible.
You do need to make the tortilas, which only take about twenty minutes. I use a rotisserie chicken (from Costco) most of the time, but you could use any left over meat.
Then it’s simply a matter of mixing chicken with salsa verde, little sour cream and cheddar cheese. Once mixed, you top each tortilla with chicken mixture, fold, add more salsa verde and cheese and bake until the cheese is melted.
Serve with olives, green onion, cilantro and avocado for a full-fat, high protein, delicious easy dinner. These are great heated up the next day. You can also freeze and reheat. I tested that.
Nutrition Value using an on-line app is an approximation to my best ability. 4 net carbs per enchilada, not including avocado
This site contains links from Amazon and earns a small commission, but does not affect price.
Keto Green Chicken Enchiladas
- This recipe may contain Amazon affiliate links which may earn a small commission.
- 8 grain free spinach tortillasrecipe here
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken left over rotisserie works great
- 1 cup salsa verde I used Trader Joe's
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese depending on your preference.
- 1/3 cup sour cream.
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup black sliced olives
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Mix shredded chicken with 1/3 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup cheese, 1/3 cup salsa verde. Feel free to adjust these at your preference.
- Brush a little salsa verde at bottom of the baking pan
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture. Fold. Set in baking pan.
- Cover all enchiladas with more salsa verde.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 F. for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. I like the cheese a little crispy. You may like it less so; thus baking time will vary.
- Garnish with olives, onion, cilantro.
- Serve with sliced avocado (optional).
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo