Roasted Turkey Legs is something new to me and one of many firsts this Holiday season.
For the first time in my life, we put the Christmas trees up eight days before Thanksgiving. It must be the cold spell that has taken the country. Last November, we put Christmas lights up wearing shorts, but I don’t think we’re going to see shorts anytime soon.
For the time ever, I made cornbread dressing. (And for the first time, I created a diabetic friendly category).
For the first time ever, I made turkey legs.
The beauty of life is that you never run out of firsts, if you are willing to try new things, and step outside of tradition. For me, there is one more element, and that is YOU.
Yes, you. You can’t believe how many times I’m standing in Whole Foods and I’m thinking about you, my dear readers, and what I can bring to your table. I’ll glance over at the rows of produce, actually thinking if you would like a new kale salad or another Brussels sprouts recipe. I already have what I think is the PERFECT turkey recipe, but then I’ll think maybe you want something a little different.
These turkey drum sticks go into my man food category, which suits me just fine, and I hope you love them just as much as Mr. St did.
So tell me do you fight for the turkey drumstick at the table and have you ever made just turkey legs for fun?
Herb Roasted Turkey Legs
- 3 Turkey legs
- 6 tablespoons of freshly chopped herbs sage, parsley, rosemary, thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- Salt turkey legs and refrigerate anywhere from one to three days.
- Remove, rinse salt off. Pat dry.
- Combine herbs, mustard, olive oil, garlic.
- Using a knife, loosen the skin around the legs and stuff the herbs inside.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Take out and allow to sit for 60 minutes before roasting.
- Roast at 350 45 minutes per side, until an internal temperature of 180 is reached.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo