This is a big, fat, healthy frittata, glowing with green and red veggies and sustaining you with fat from the sausage and protein from the eggs. If you’re looking for an easy brunch or dinner using leftovers, this is one great idea, ready in mere minutes with very little prep.
Frittata di pasta is a “one pot” frittata, as it has the meat, veggies and starch all in one place.
Frittata di Spaghetti or Frittata di Pasta is something Italians eat frequently. They are not people who let food go to waste. Left over spaghetti, whatever meat or veggies are around all might be repurposed to orchestrate an outstanding egg frittata that tastes far from anything left over.
Frittata di Pasta uses left over spaghetti or macaroni.
The spaghetti adds a wonderful texture to the eggs, and the sausage adds flavor. You could also use a small macaroni. If you’re gluten free, the gluten free pasta works well too.
I used country sausage, which we happen to love around here, but you can use whatever sausage you like. You can also leave out the sausage altogether for a vegetarian dish. Pasta and spinach work very nicely together all by themselves.
You could even change out the country sausage for prosciutto for a more Italian Frittata di Pasta.
We ate a lot of frittatas growing up, and always with a side salad, which can easily be prepared while the frittata is in the oven.
This sausage spaghetti frittata looks decadent and a bit gourmet, but it’s almost easier than opening a box. Use the pre-washed baby spinach, and you can even make your sausage in advance in the morning, and have use that night at dinner. There’s just no reason, even the simplest of meals can’t have a little wow factor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooks spaghetti (can use gluten free)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons diced red pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- generous dash black pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 10 inch baking dish or cast iron pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook sausage according to package instructions. I like to bake them.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper. Add half of shredded cheese to eggs.
- Put oil into pan.
- Pour eggs wth cheese mixture.
- Add spinach.
- Add cooked spaghetti. Even out.
- Add diced red pepper.
- Add sausage. Cover with more cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until egg mixture does not jiggle and is golden brown.
- Cooking Notes: