Today, I am in Milan. As I was eating a breaded veal cutlet last night, I thought of Marcella Hazan’s Parmesan Crusted Lamb Chops. Normally, I wouldn’t bread lamb chops and especially not think of a parmesan crust, but these are amazing.
These just might be the best lamb chops you have ever eaten. You won’t believe how juicy and flavorful they are. As you bite upon the parmesan crust, you will want more.
I like meat that requires no sauces, etc. And, these are just pick up and eat as they are, and if you are like me, you’ll get every little morsel off of the bone. Serve a salad with a lemony dressing or a bounty of roasted asparagus and you have the perfect meal.
You can prepare the chops ahead and refrigerate. Take out 30 minutes before frying to bring to room temperature and enjoy a “dinner party” meal in the middle of a week.
Parmesan Crusted Lamb Chops
- 6 lamb chops flattened (I cut each chop from a rack of lamb)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup non-flavored bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Turn chops into the cheese, pressing cheese into the meat.
- Dip into beaten egg.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil very hot and place chops in frying pan, until each side has formed a nice, golden crust.
- Seasen with salt and pepper.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo