Do you need an easy gut sticking, chicken pasta dinner for your family in mere minutes?
Chicken with orzo, tomatoes and spinach is the one pot dish your family will love, and there are many options for making this tasty Italian dish.
Use Your Own Favorite Chicken Tenders with Orzo
You can make this with your favorite frozen chicken tenders OR you can make my chicken cutlets found here or my chicken tenders, found here. I won’t judge you, if you buy frozen tenders. Just seek out quality chicken. You can also use tenders that are not breaded.
We can recommend Springer Mountain Farms (this is not sponsored), and they have a gluten free breaded product. Produced with no antibiotics, never fed animal by-products and are American Humane Association Certified.
Italian Chicken Orzo Pasta Can Be Made Gluten Free
Orzo is one of our favorite pastas because it’s so easy to make and easier to eat. It’s like rice but it’s pasta.
You can also substitute rice in this dish or use a gluten free pasta if you need to.
I found this gluten free orzo pasta on line.
Italian Chicken Orzo Pasta can be made on a sheet pan.
Most of this dish is made on a sheet pan. You can put your breaded chicken and tomatoes both on one sheet and bake for about twenty minutes. In the meantime, you cook the pasta. If you make the pasta in a dutch oven, you can put it together and serve it from one pot. The spinach is added to hot orzo in its raw state with some olive oil (another food trick I love).
All you need to do now is add in some good parmesan or pecorino cheese and voila, you have meat, pasta, veggies all in one bowl. Chicken Orzo Pasta is comfort food without all the long kitchen time, so don’t let summer keep you out of the kitchen. Make this in twenty minutes and be a kitchen star. It also reheats well.
I have a week’s worth of chicken and pasta dishes which your family will also love, and you’ll never get bored.
Happy pasta eating!
Chicken with Orzo, Spinach, Tomatoes
- 16 ounces dry orzo
- 1 tablespoon salt for pasta water
- 8 chicken strips
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 cups pre-washed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes optional This dish can be made in one dutch oven or large pot.
- This dish can be made in one dutch oven or large pot.
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions. Salt water before adding pasta).
- Bake chicken parmesan strips according to package instructions.
- Toss tomatoes with small amount of olive oil, just enough to glisten and bake on same baking sheet as chicken at same time.
- Tomatoes will burst open. Set sheet pan aside.
- Drain pasta.
- Add in olive oil, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add tomatoes, raw spinach, and gently toss.
- Cut chicken cross wise or serve in whole pieces over the orzo.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve with optional red chili flakes.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo