Cooking bacon in the oven is a time saver and a guarantee of even, crispy pieces. You don’t have to watch it in the frying pan, but the best thing I like about cooking bacon in the oven is giving the bacon room to stretch out.
I find it very difficult to fry long strips of bacon in a round frying pan. Sure we’ve doing it for years, but in the same way I discovered you can make sunny side up eggs in the oven, I discovered oven cooked bacon. In fact, if you do the bacon first, then break the eggs in that bacon grease and oven fry them, you will have the best “greasy in a good way” breakfast.
The secret for cooking bacon in the oven is to start with a COLD oven. You want the bacon to cook, slowly, evenly.
What’s your favorite bacon recipe? I love bacon in salads with grated cheddar cheese and avocado. I also love a good BLTA.
Cooking Bacon in the Oven
- 8 strips of bacon or however many you can fit
- baking pan I like the jelly roll style
- parchment paper for easy clean up
- Lay a sheet of parchment on the baking pan.
- Lay bacon across, trying not to touch, although bacon will shrink.
- Put into a COLD oven of 400 degrees.
- Check at 15 minutes.
- Bacon will take 15-25 minutes (depending on your oven) You want to use a cold oven, so the bacon cooks slowly, evenly, and does not burn.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo