Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve. Eat a favorite food. Enjoy a cocktail. Kiss a loved one. If you’re looking for an easy party finger food, look no further. Make savory cheesecake bites, flavored with green onion and encrusted with potato chips.
This is a twist on my former recipe for Savory Cheesecake crusted in potato chips. I’ve received lots of emails about it telling me how good it was, and it’s soon going to be in my top ten posts of all time, so I feel good encouraging you to make them.
Bite Sized Savory Cheesecake Bites are perfect to take a to a Party.
These are bite size, made in a mini muffin tin, which is so perfect to take to a party. No mess, no crackers needed. Guests can just pop them in their mouth. I think people more and more appreciate bite sized finger foods. So much easier to eat, and each bite remains appealing to the eye.
In addition to taking the savory cheesecake bites, I’ll be bringing these mini meatballs in a pastry shell with a savory blueberry compote and the world’s best flourless chocolate cake, made famous at the Zuni Cafe.
We are going to end the year with small bites of delicious food, and a few bottles of wine, knowing we can walk home. I hope you plan to stay safe, call a cab, have a designated driver, and watch out for the other guy.
I’ve picked a few of my favorite bites for tomorrow night. Tell me, what was your best bite of the year? Did you make it, or have it somewhere?
If you want to see a VIDEO making another of my savory cheesecakes, (smoked salmon) click here.
A new savory cheesecake made with Caramelized Vidalia Onions is found here.
Bite Size Savory Cheesecake
- Mini muffin tin makes about 30
- 8 ounces ruffled potato chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup sour cream plus more for garnish
- 6 spring onions sliced, sauteed in a little butter just until softened, not browned.
- 2 spring onion chopped finely for garnish. Use as little or as much as you like.
- Crush potato chips and mix with melted butter. You can use food processor or use a plastic bag.
- Put one tablespoon of potato chip mixture in each individual muffin tin. Using a shot glass, press down until the potato chip mixture is on sides, making sure you have some on bottom.
- Bake at 400 for 4 minutes. Cool.
- Using beater, mix cream cheese until very smooth. add eggs one at a time. Add in cayenne, garlic powder, salt, pepper, sour cream and flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in green onion.
- Add in cream cheese mixture to potato chip mixture. Bake at 400 for 4 minutes.
- Turn heat to 250. Bake 6-8 minutes more.Turn off oven. Open oven and allow to bites to cool for 10 minutes. If the cheesecake bites crack, don't worry. You can top with sour cream.
- Cool. Optionally top with sour cream and chopped spring onion. You can also sprinkle some potato chip crumbs if you desire.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Take out 10 minutes before serving. Recipe makes about 30.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo